A2oc attending Vag at the Manor 2017

a2sumo

A2OC Donor
Once again A2oc is returning to this great car show that has all types of VAG cars, campers and vans. So keep june 25th free. Full show details are here---http://www.vagatthemanor.co.uk

Please add your name to the calendar found here---http://www.a2oc.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=105&day=2017-6-25&c=1
This show is pre pay for the stands so i need to collect your moneys soon--i will add details here once we have decided the easiest way. SEE POST BELOW FOR DETALS

More to follow ....... cheers mike

Last edited:
Hi all.
All those that have their name down for this social can I please have your £10 advanced ticket money before May 25th. I think the easiest way is via PayPal - but if you don't have a PayPal I'm sure we can work something out. Contact me via PM for my PayPal details please, or if you need another method.
I only require £10 per driver passengers can pay on the day.
Many thanks Mike​

Hi all.
All those that have their name down for this social can I please have your £10 advanced ticket money before May 25th. I think the easiest way is via PayPal - but if you don't have a PayPal I'm sure we can work something out. Contact me via PM for my PayPal details please, or if you need another method.
Many thanks Mike​
Thanks Mike. I'll try and remember to give it you on Saturday

Name added. A good show last year and the weather held too, rather nice in fact, after some rain the day before. Nice backdrop and a good array of VAG from across the years.

Hi All,

If anyone is thinking about booking a hotel for this one rooms are disappearing thick and fast, with all the budget hotels closer to the event fully booked. Mike & I and Jeff & Carole have booked rooms at the 'Holiday Inn Farnborough'. It's approx 30 mins away but a reasonable price at £85 for the Saturday night (24 June). All the budget hotels closer to the event are fully booked.

Having stayed here many a time for work I can at least recommend that I have always got a good nights sleep at this hotel :)

Vonnie

Hi All,

If anyone is thinking about booking a hotel for this one rooms are disappearing thick and fast, with all the budget hotels closer to the event fully booked. Mike & I and Jeff & Carole have booked rooms at the 'Holiday Inn Farnborough'. It's approx 30 mins away but a reasonable price at £85 for the Saturday night (24 June). All the budget hotels closer to the event are fully booked.

Having stayed here many a time for work I can at least recommend that I have always got a good nights sleep at this hotel :)

Vonnie
thanks Vonnie
I'm going to have to do some form of magickry with this one as I'm attending an 80's concert in Norwich on the Saturday night. I will be there, but not too sure how yet! Possibly, an early start and a mid afternoon Mabel nap. It's the same weekend as FOS too which will also affect hotel availability around there.
If the bird in the hand at Knowl Hill is reasonable traveling distance, I can very much recommend that as a nice place to stay too

thanks Vonnie
I'm going to have to do some form of magickry with this one as I'm attending an 80's concert in Norwich on the Saturday night. I will be there, but not too sure how yet! Possibly, an early start and a mid afternoon Mabel nap. It's the same weekend as FOS too which will also affect hotel availability around there.
If the bird in the hand at Knowl Hill is reasonable traveling distance, I can very much recommend that as a nice place to stay too

Sounds like a busy weekend for you! I looked at the Bird In the Hand at Knowl Hill as it was also around 25 mins away, but they want £145/night. FOS I believe is the weekend following
But I do think the hotels have raised their prices for this years event

thanks Vonnie, yes sorry. They moved FOS to fit in with the F1 calendar (if anyone wants to go next year, I am looking for a FOS buddy as part of my big birthday celebrations in 2018).
Ah, it's a shame the BIrd in the Hand is so expensive. It's a lovely place. I used to stay there when I worked in Maidenhead

Hi all.
Many thanks Mike​

Just added my name to the calendar for this social. Will get the money to you Mike if it's not too late to register my car?

thanks

Hilary

Last edited:
Tickets have been bought and thanks to those that have paid. If you want to still come you can get your own ticket and pop A2 owners club in the box to get on the stand. cheers mike and yvonne

My somewhat nightmare trip out of Norfolk to get to SOK, made me realise that realistically, there is no magic other than a warp drive modification on Mabel that will enable me to get to VAG at the Manor at a reasonable time (I am at a concert in a Norwich on the Saturday night).
Therefore I am happy to donate my ticket to someone who would like to go if they are happy to take over water monitor duties for the day.

My somewhat nightmare trip out of Norfolk to get to SOK, made me realise that realistically, there is no magic other than a warp drive modification on Mabel that will enable me to get to VAG at the Manor at a reasonable time (I am at a concert in a Norwich on the Saturday night).
Therefore I am happy to donate my ticket to someone who would like to go if they are happy to take over water monitor duties for the day.

Hi Teresa

Is your ticket still available?

Rosiedog asked me about getting a ticket.

Or if now taken, is there another possibility Mike please?

Hi Hilary - Mike hasn't mentioned that there have been any takers, so as far as I am aware , it is still available. I don't personally have it as paid Mike to get it when he was getting the others. Very happy for RosieDog to have it and I hope you all have a lovely time :)

Back