Bonnet Vents

Teresa

Social Secretary
European-Union
Hi, I did a quick search but couldn't see anything - I wondered if anyone had changed the vents on the bonnet before please? I quite like the idea of having black ones on Mabel but wasn't sure if it was possible/easy to do.

Thank you Teresa x

I may have what your looking for as the TDI i have to break is pearl black so the vent in the bonnet is black , takes under an hour to swap , but depending on what type of fixings yours has you may need new clips which are about £5 from audi for new ones as when i swapped mine over last year they all broke as gone a brittle , on the newer models they swapped to screw fixings ...

I may have what your looking for as the TDI i have to break is pearl black so the vent in the bonnet is black , takes under an hour to swap , but depending on what type of fixings yours has you may need new clips which are about £5 from audi for new ones as when i swapped mine over last year they all broke as gone a brittle , on the newer models they swapped to screw fixings ...

Ah thank you Gary. That sounds good. Let me know when you are free and how much you'd be looking for and we can catch up

No worries Teresa , how abouts £10 fitted , im busy this weekend but any weekend after is fine, just pop over to mums and ile swap it over for you and have catch up ..

Ooooh. Thank you so much. That sounds perfect. I'll send you a message :)

Does the tdi your breaking have a turbo if so is it a 75 and what year and mileage

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Its was registered 9 2001 and is a AMF , mileage is just over 84,000 from memory .. i removed the intercooler for my sons TDI and there was no oil or gunge in the turbo pipes, i only drove the A2 about 20 miles to its final resting place , which it drove as it should with no problems , A nice TDI as it goes apart from windscreen pillar was damaged so the shell is no good hense why im braking it ..

I think i may have had this idea some years ago when i had to get my bonnet painted and had to replace the grille see photos.

Cheers Phil

Attachments

• 24032010269.jpg
    24032010269.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 265
  • 24032010271.jpg
    24032010271.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 255
I think i may have had this idea some years ago when i had to get my bonnet painted and had to replace the grille see photos.

Cheers Phil

Ahhh. hello Phil. You were very helpful to me when I attended my first social back in 2009! I've still got messages from you telling me where to join the convoy. I had a gap when I had to have a company car but came back last year.
I wonder if I saw your car in 2009 and filed the idea in my subconscious somewhere! Thank you for the pics. It looked fab.

Hi Teresa

I still had a silver grille back then i had a slite run in with my garage door in early 2010 which is when this idea came about see photos.

I'm not that much of a regular on here anymore due to a very busy job and a 3 year old boy keeping me very busy when i get home.

Glad your back with the forum it's still a great place to chat and get idea's for these little cars.

Cheers Phil

Attachments

• 30012010233.jpg
    30012010233.jpg
    468.9 KB · Views: 219
  • 30012010234.jpg
    30012010234.jpg
    436.9 KB · Views: 227
  • 30012010236.jpg
    30012010236.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 222
Oops.
Yes, I did ask Mike and Vonnie about you as when I met them at ADI, I suddenly remembered that I'd been there before. Vonnie even managed to find a picture of my old A2 at the event.

They mentioned that you had a little boy now - congratulations and thanks again for your help in the past. I am so pleased to be back in an A2 I so missed those EMLs shining at me :)

We would have been at ADI 2009 T, wonder if I have a picture of you and your previous car somewhere. We probably spoke back then - small world.

Ahhh. hello Phil. You were very helpful to me when I attended my first social back in 2009! I've still got messages from you telling me where to join the convoy. I had a gap when I had to have a company car but came back last year.
I wonder if I saw your car in 2009 and filed the idea in my subconscious somewhere! Thank you for the pics. It looked fab.

We would have been at ADI 2009 T, wonder if I have a picture of you and your previous car somewhere. We probably spoke back then - small world.

Well on Friday I will have owned my little beast 10 years :D:cool: I've never had a car before the A2 for more than 18 months to 2 years tops.

Darren you never know. It would be good to catch up again with everyone.

Cheers Phil

2009 was my first venture to ADI too. Some great memories. Apart from Mike Skipton, Phil was the first A2OC member I met and I think Darren and Di shared a trip from Swindon Audi to the Hilton with me in a courtesy RS6!!

Scottish social on 7th May Phil . Might be a wee convoy possible from Yorkshire area as Dave (special edition) is attending. Can you be tempted ??;)

Indeed we did Sir; good memory. A good year that!

2009 was my first venture to ADI too. Some great memories. Apart from Mike Skipton, Phil was the first A2OC member I met and I think Darren and Di shared a trip from Swindon Audi to the Hilton with me in a courtesy RS6!!

Scottish social on 7th May Phil . Might be a wee convoy possible from Yorkshire area as Dave (special edition) is attending. Can you be tempted ??;)

Amazing! :D Great that fate or should that be the great little A2 has reunited our paths again. Di is in shot too, second from the left and near Ian (driveforward).

Back