Loss of boost

Hi guys.
My little muscle machine every now and then under load loses power/ boost. Switch off engine to clear fault and we're off again.
Any idea?
Vcds not throwing a code?
Thanks in advance
Jay

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

I gather this is a diesel? Have u looked around the turbo make sure all pipes are ok? And check ur egr valve working aswell

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

id second that check all the boost vacume pipes, id even go as far as using tie wraps on all the ends of each pipe,,, yes in vcds you can run tests and will hear the egr valve open or close , but even if remapped out it wont make much difference as sounds like a boost leak , if a pipe is leaking the n75 valve is not opening fully as it should and the ecu will throw a fit and go into limp mode so you dont fry the turbo

I've got the same problem but mine goes into limp mode everytime i drive it I've put a new n75 on no change no hissing so a split pipe is unlikely intercooler is new so I'm thinking mine is turbo or actuator I've looked with a view of taking the turbo off but can't even see the turbo,space at the back of the engine is non existent

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Boost pipes at the top are easy to inspect pipes going into turbo pain in ass

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

hello i have an A2 tdi 75. it also goes into limp mode at a very precise time. Only when over 60mph in 5th . it is reset by ignition on/off. i don’t do my own maintenance and local garage unable to solve. they said last time a turbo pipe might have been leaking and replaced it but it has made no difference. other things have been tried previously.

In order to make issues easier to troubleshoot, may I suggest you add the spec of your car to your forum signature.

The “limp mode” issue on my TDi 90 has been ‘subdued’ by:
  • filling up with premium diesel, in my case, Shell V-Power
  • at appropriate times, driving the car “like I have stolen it”; that is revving to the red line. There is an often quiet, steady incline, dual carriageway near me. At the red line in 3rd gear, my car is doing about 73 mph. I hold that for about four or five minutes

Andrew

hello i have an A2 tdi 75. it also goes into limp mode at a very precise time. Only when over 60mph in 5th . it is reset by ignition on/off. i don’t do my own maintenance and local garage unable to solve. they said last time a turbo pipe might have been leaking and replaced it but it has made no difference. other things have been tried previously.

Yes, try Andrew Parker's suggestion (often referred to as an "Italian Tune UP" !!!)

But have a look at the base of your intercooler, check for any signs of oil on the bottom join (where the matrix stops and the lower can starts.

If there is any sign of oil there it looks like the intercooler is leaking and that can give these symptoms.

Steve B

Back