Monroe reflex Vs boge shocks

Craig

I know a lot of you peeps are using Monroe's but is anybody running the boge shocks & what are your thoughts on them? Cheers Craig

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hard to comment on boge...never used them or heard of others using them. Fitted Monroes to my car 6 months before selling it and they are really nice shocks and were dirt cheap for a premium brand. I know that's not a comparison, but it is an endorsement! :)

I personally don't rate the monroe's or at least I don't when they are combined with H&R lowering springs. It handles like a go-kart and drives beautifully on smooth roads but hit a bit of the bumpy stuff and you are left holdinv onto your teeth.

If I did it again I'd use coilovers and wind the front down a bit lower.

Am looking for comfort rather than smile in the face handling, however i have just fitted spidans springs as the rears snapped at the base! How much did you pay for them Andy if you don't mind me asking?
Cheers Steve the rears deffo need changing so the boge might be a front runner.

I personally don't rate the monroe's or at least I don't when they are combined with H&R lowering springs. It handles like a go-kart and drives beautifully on smooth roads but hit a bit of the bumpy stuff and you are left holdinv onto your teeth.

If I did it again I'd use coilovers and wind the front down a bit lower.
Steve i think that is down to the H&R springs-they are renown for being v hard but thats what i like about them--jeffers has monroes with weitec springs and its oh so much more refined.

Fitted BOGE shocks all round with genuine Audi coil springs a couple of years ago. I've nothing to compare BOGE against, but ride feels tight, no unnecessary roll in corners. Can't fault them.

Remember and renew front bump stops and top mounts given the labour involved to renew. At the back, then the coil spring rubber seats should be refreshed.

Last edited:
Hmmm, how much are the standard Audi springs? I'm just thinking this might be a good thing to do to Baby Boomer as the ride is certainly firm on this...

Am looking for comfort rather than smile in the face handling, however i have just fitted spidans springs as the rears snapped at the base! How much did you pay for them Andy if you don't mind me asking?
Cheers Steve the rears deffo need changing so the boge might be a front runner.

Less than £80 per pair - GSF 55% discount weekend !

Jeez, I must be getting old! Checked back on my records, so I fitted them at 100k miles back in 2011! :cool:

No it wasn't Amazon. I hate that tax dodging, zero hour contract outfit more than you can imagine. I sourced my parts from here: http://www.murraysdirect.co.uk/20203.html

Very knowledgable suppliers, and have dealt with them for years. They do mail order so postage isn't too bad.

Fronts were 6Q0 413 031 BM. Rears were 8Z0 513 025 J. This was for 2003 1.4 TDI SE.

Well I fitted my shocks, the driver side one is a real pain due to access, but extracting the old shocks from the suspension arms and getting the new ones back in is also a pain. However, all done and top mounts and drop links also replaced - no more clunks.
The grating noise on corners turned out to be a stone caught in the brake caliper mount. And as for the shocks, well I ordered Boge but GSF delivered Billsteins, I assume they are the same? The ride is fine, so no complaints there, the old ones had done just short of 150,000 and were weeping oil slightly, but to be honest I think the difference is minimal..

Back