Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1.4 Petrol SE 2002 in Black with soul black interior

1.4 Petrol SE 2002 in Black with soul black interior

Hi all,
    I now have for sale a mini project that I have been working on for about 6 weeks

The A2 comes with full service history mainly Audi including timing belts at 70K, currently on 120K miles
    It came to me with faulty gearbox, which as now been replaced with one from a 68K miles A2 from a local breaker that I have used for years. With the gearbox out I also changed the clutch for a new LUK cover, spinner, release bearing, top hat and release lever. It as recently had new CV joints.
    I have also fitted a new water pump and timing belts and given the engine a complete service including oil, filter, air filter & plugs, refilled with clean G13 anti-freeze.
    The breaks have also been gone through front and back cleaned and adjusted and also the suspension checked.
    The interior was all removed, carpets washed and dried, same for the door cards and seats, so it is all clean and smells nice.
    A2 as concert II radio/cd with four speakers and includes the radio code, all works perfectly even with the heated rear window on.
    16" alloys have just been refurbished (they have been taken back to bear alloy, primed in 2 pack, sprayed a nice silver and coated with 2 pack lacquer, they will need about a week to fully harden before tyres are fitted), and I have 4 near perfect centre caps for them.
    Aircon will be re-gassed (as I removed the entire front panel to change the gearbox) when I get the tyres refitted.
    Only wear to the switches is very minor and confined to the temp and fan minus signs which have been touched in with a well matched matt black paint (the - sign does not show through the paint, but they look good with no unsightly white showing)
    Wiper assembly been re-bushed and sprayed matt black
    Car as been read on VAGCOM and the only faults (airbag & climate) cleared. The Airbag was due to removing the seats and then having to move the car, the climate was a sticking flap motor which cleared with a workout on the buttons and as not come back since.

The A2 is also benefits from some rather rare and desirable factory extras in addition to the normal SE spec of climate, 16" alloys, aluminium interior trims, fog lights, vanity mirror lighting etc, heated washers, heated mirrors and side guard airbags with a switch to turn off the front passenger airbag (ideal for child seat in the front)
    Original document pack and first aid kit in boot.
    I have obtained a few missing pieces of kit these being a false floor, boot roller blind and under-tray (will be collected this weekend and fitted)
    The car polished up really nice and looks very smart in gleaming black and will look even better when the wheels are fitted.
    Everything works as it should and it drives and starts spot on.
    It will come with 12 months MOT

The bad bits (I am really picky)
    There are a few minor stone chips to the front bumper which have been touched in with 2K paint, and a small number of very minor chips/scratches which have also been touched in

This is NOT the tatty A2's that you see advertised on ebay/gumtree, nor is it priced the same. It is fully sorted with all of the hard work done and all of the usual faults rectified (clutch, water pump, timing belts, serviced)

Asking price is 1200 OVNO (not dirt cheap, but also will not need hundreds spending on the timing belts, water pump, clutch etc) It is ready to drive and be enjoyed
    Car is located in St Annes on the Sea, Lancashire
    If you want any further info then drop me a PM or email paul (at) whittlefamily.co.uk replace the (at) with @

ATTACH=CONFIG]28127[/ATTACH]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0934a.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	242.0 KB 
ID:	28168Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0933a.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	227.1 KB 
ID:	28169Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0932a.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	28170Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0931a.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	268.9 KB 
ID:	28171
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0925.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	518.7 KB 
ID:	28124   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0923.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	649.6 KB 
ID:	28125   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0921.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	581.7 KB 
ID:	28126   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0920.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	583.7 KB 
ID:	28127  
    Last edited by depronman; 20-04-2017 at 12:19 AM. Reason: price reduced
    Paul (Depronman)
    1.4 TDI 2001 287,347 miles and still going strong

2. 7 users that liked this post:

A2Steve (10-04-2017), a2sumo (10-04-2017), Birchall (10-04-2017), Cronus7 (10-04-2017), Jeffers66 (10-04-2017), murdo (10-04-2017), Special edition (10-04-2017)

Bumpy bumpyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0930a.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	28172
    Last edited by depronman; 14-04-2017 at 11:58 PM.
    Paul (Depronman)

is no one interested in a very nice black 1.4 petrol A2
    Paul (Depronman)

Looks in good order Paul. Perhaps a few new daylight pictures showing the car off better might entice a buyer.

Good luck!
    Now:
    1.6 FSI SE [2004] - Cobalt Blue

Open-sky system, climate control, heated platinum leather sports seats, unique professionally tailored sports steering wheel, all-round electric windows, cruise control, full DIS, komfortblinker, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, /S-line gear lever, TT pedals, front stowage tray, rear cup holder centre console, heated mirrors, HIDs, LEDs, OEM mud-flaps, collapsible spare wheel & retro-fitted mounting bracket, ScanGauge, 17" BBS multi-spoke alloy wheels (Summer), refurbished OEM SE 16" 6 spoke alloy wheels (Winter).

Was:
    1.4 TDI [75] 'Special Edition' [2005] - Akoya Silver

1.4 Petrol 'Special Edition' [2004] - Silver
    [Mrs C's]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES-JVFNwFV4

that is the plan if it ever stops raining
    Paul (Depronman)

7. Users that liked this post:

Darren C (14-04-2017)

Finally got some better photos uploaded (thank British weather )
    The A2 is still on the wrong alloys, the refurbed ones are the same alloys just perfect condition with excellent centre caps, they are being left to fully harden before the tyres are fitted
    I must admit that I like the look of them and my TDI is looking at them in envy
    Will be picking up the under tray tomorrow and fitting it on Sunday
    Paul (Depronman)

Price reduced as there does not seem to be any interest.
    I am very surprised by the lack of interest for a fully sorted 1.4 petrol A2, with 12 months MOT, new LUK clutch, replacement gearbox, new water pump and timing belts, fully serviced and in very nice condition inside and out, plus its black - what more could you want
    If no interest on here then going on ebay/gumtree/autotrader shortly

Cheers,
    Paul
    Paul (Depronman)

Shame. Looks a lovely car and well sorted. If I hadn't already bought my A2 then I would have been interested.
    Good luck and hope you get a good sale.

It looks lovely Paul - and I like the Black - but I'm all sorted for now. Perhaps Mr Birchall has been asked to keep an eye out by someone for a pretty 1.4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw a 2005 1.4SE with 98k go though auction at 1500 inc fees, it was in a terrible state never seen silver paint so flat and covered in dings and scratches plus you are buying it without trying, and yet this car of yours isn't selling?
    Audi A2 TDI SE 75. 2002
    Audi TT 180 quattro 2003
    Fiat500C 2013
    VW Golf GTI MK1 1983
    FORD S-max titanium auto 2015

13. Users that liked this post:

sunsurfer (20-04-2017)