Festival of Speed 2018

Teresa

Social Secretary
European-Union
Hi - this is a bit of a random one.

Next year, I have a big birthday and am planning a few things to help me come to terms with my half century.

One of the things I am planning is another trip to the Goodwood Festival of Speed. I have been many times before and I love it so much. I want to do at least two days, preferably three as you really don't get chance to touch the surface with one day and certainly don't get time to go up to the rally stage where you could easily spend the best part of a day on its own.

I do have some fabulous friends who are very good at indulging my weirdness and accompanying me to things like Transformers and Fast and Furious films. However, none of them are particularly into cars and the cost of FOS means that it isn't something that someone can just pop along to accompany you too. My brother has been with me before, but since they had my gorgeous nephew, it is out of his price range.

So, I just thought I would post on here, in case there are any petrol heads who would like to either come with me next year, or be happy for me to tag along with them if they are going with someone else.

I don't mind going on my own and have done before. it is just good to be able to go "ooooh look at Ken Block doing doughnuts" to someone.

If anyone does fancy it, let me know. Its normally in June and the tickets go on sale in November. booking accommodation anywhere remotely nearby is a bit of a challenge so it is advised to book early. I'm not completely averse to the idea of camping.

The proviso I would add finally, is that last year Keanu Reeves went and seemed to love it - if he is there again and wants me to go off with him, I am afraid that I may abandon you!.

love and hugs Teresa

Don't know about anyone else in the A2OC but I was wondering if we could maybe do this as a group and all help Teresa enjoy her big birthday in style :D

Hi - this is a bit of a random one.

Next year, I have a big birthday and am planning a few things to help me come to terms with my half century.

One of the things I am planning is another trip to the Goodwood Festival of Speed. I have been many times before and I love it so much. I want to do at least two days, preferably three as you really don't get chance to touch the surface with one day and certainly don't get time to go up to the rally stage where you could easily spend the best part of a day on its own.

I do have some fabulous friends who are very good at indulging my weirdness and accompanying me to things like Transformers and Fast and Furious films. However, none of them are particularly into cars and the cost of FOS means that it isn't something that someone can just pop along to accompany you too. My brother has been with me before, but since they had my gorgeous nephew, it is out of his price range.

So, I just thought I would post on here, in case there are any petrol heads who would like to either come with me next year, or be happy for me to tag along with them if they are going with someone else.

I don't mind going on my own and have done before. it is just good to be able to go "ooooh look at Ken Block doing doughnuts" to someone.

If anyone does fancy it, let me know. Its normally in June and the tickets go on sale in November. booking accommodation anywhere remotely nearby is a bit of a challenge so it is advised to book early. I'm not completely averse to the idea of camping.

The proviso I would add finally, is that last year Keanu Reeves went and seemed to love it - if he is there again and wants me to go off with him, I am afraid that I may abandon you!.

love and hugs Teresa

Don't know about anyone else in the A2OC but I was wondering if we could maybe do this as a group and all help Teresa enjoy her big birthday in style :D

Ah thank you Aimee. That would be lovely if it could happen. The only reason I've not suggested it as it is very expensive. Particularly when you add accommodation in (you can camp on site, but that costs too, although it is very well organised)

Anyone who has been will know that it is well worth the price, but it may well be out of reach for people, particular with munchkins in tow.

Even if we can't get a group, I will still see all the socials in 2018 as part of my birthday celebrations - I managed to spread my 40th out over 6 months, so am thinking I can get 12 months out of my 50th. I have already got a party (if anyone fancies a trip to Norwich on 4th May 2018, you will be very welcome to come to my party) and a girls trip to Cardiff. At some point I want to go to the Seychelles or Costa Rica, but need to think about a travel buddy for that one. X

Yeah the price could put a lot of people off. Reckon we would be happy to do a couple of days though. My work probably won't let me have the Thursday & Friday off. Depends when my Month End and Billing time falls. It's already put pay to us going to the Glasgow meet in May :(

Ah thank you Aimee. That would be lovely if it could happen. The only reason I've not suggested it as it is very expensive. Particularly when you add accommodation in (you can camp on site, but that costs too, although it is very well organised)

Anyone who has been will know that it is well worth the price, but it may well be out of reach for people, particular with munchkins in tow.

Even if we can't get a group, I will still see all the socials in 2018 as part of my birthday celebrations - I managed to spread my 40th out over 6 months, so am thinking I can get 12 months out of my 50th. I have already got a party (if anyone fancies a trip to Norwich on 4th May 2018, you will be very welcome to come to my party) and a girls trip to Cardiff. At some point I want to go to the Seychelles or Costa Rica, but need to think about a travel buddy for that one. X

Back