A Tour Down South: Any Requests?

timmus

A2OC Donor
Hello fellow A2ers,

I am planning on heading south during May. Precise dates have yet to be confirmed, but I figured I'd give people as much advance notice as possible. I hope to attend the Scottish Social in Glasgow on May 7th, so my retrofitting tour will certainly start after that date.

My route isn't at all decided yet and depends entirely on the requests I get. However, the London area is a definite and I'm likely to end up in the Bristol area too. I'm not working to a particularly tight schedule, so I'm willing to detour to almost anywhere in the southern reaches of the country as long as there's enough demand. I may also be able to pop across the bridge into South Wales. Should you be based between my home in Lancaster and 'the south', then I may be able to visit you on my way down the country or on my way home.

The logistics of planning such a trip can get complicated due to the locations and availability of all those involved, so unfortunately I cannot guarantee that I'll be able to honour every request, but I will do my very best. Flexibility is key; if I'm able to work on your car at your home or place of work on a variety of dates/times, then I'm much more likely to be able to fit you into my schedule. Equally, if you're able to meet me on my route, that also simplifies matters.

I'll almost certainly be travelling in my own A2, so won't be able to do any jobs that involve transporting massive parts (like a double-DIN dash or Sport seats), but otherwise the choice is huge. See my signature (in red text below) for some idea of the services I offer. If there's anything you'd like doing but are unsure whether I'll be able to offer it 'on the move', please get in touch to discuss.

So, to all those who'd like a visit, please post your requests either in this thread or in a private message to me.

There are some photos from a recent London-bound road trip in this thread: http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...580#post245580

Additionally, I'd like to apologise to all those waiting on replies to their private messages. I'm currently away from home, but will get back to you all as soon as I can.

Kind regards,

Tom

Tom would wheel bearing replacement be possible as part of this trip?

Simon.

Hi Tom,

I can always find a list of jobs for you, so please can we arrange a visit?

Thanks
Steve B

As my A2 was Tom's first 'patient' on his current tour (on Tuesday and Wednesday this week), I'd not only like to publicly thank him for his time and expertise but also, for the benefit of any newer members who may not be familiar with his work, to heartily recommend Tom as the 'go to' expert for the services he lists in his signature.......and indeed anything connected with the electronic wizardry in our A2s.

Jeff

Tom,

If your travels swing via trowbridge please shout although may only be available weekends. Throughout week I will be near sandhurst. Would be nice to get you to install my dis I got a while back and catch up.

Due to my uncertain locations let me know your movements and if I can fit in then would be good but don't expect you to plan a detour .

If there was any chance you could pick up the bonnet at some point, I'd love to see it head towards Scotland?

thanks

Hilary

Pencil me into your travels please mister. I'm based near Leamington Spa in Warwickshire, just off the M40. :)

Ok folks, many thanks for your private messages and such. I believe I've now replied to all, but if I've forgotten about you, please speak up!

I'm still waiting on a few people to reply to message before I can start to piece my route together.

Cheers,

Tom

I wouldnt mind full dis installed. i have the full cluster (need stalk and loom) if you near south cambs/north herts SG9 area

I wouldnt mind full dis installed. i have the full cluster (need stalk and loom) if you near south cambs/north herts SG9 area

Hi Baguln,

I'll already be visiting someone in Harlow, so it's no problem to add SG9 to the route. I'll send you a PM. :)

Cheers,

Tom

Just to say met tom at womautomotive on his tour down south.
As before can highly recommend tom and rob and marcus at wom, tom and marcus diagnosed play in transmission tower, marcus fitted [FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Transmission Tower Bearing Kit & Transmission Fluid Change.
Tom remapped my car. Drove home with a smile on my face.
Cheers Lads[/FONT]

Following on from post #5 of this thread when my A2 had been the first patient on a previous tour, yesterday my A2 was the final patient on Timmus' 'Tour Down South' (mm....not sure how southern Halifax is!?!) and, once again I'll take the opportunity to publically thank Tom for his time and formidable skill. Not only did he supply the necessary internal gubbins (technical term) and programming to enable me to have a second key fob, but, as an unexpected bonus, after mentioning that he'd provided the service to another member, he remapped my car using Depronman's map, all in a couple of hours, inclusive of much A2OC gossiping time! I can wholeheartedly commend Tom's services to any A2 owner; not only are his skills a joy to behold, he's a true gent.
Jeff

After 3 weeks on the road, I'm back home. Exactly 21 consecutive days of A2s. :)

On this tour, I travelled just over 1400 miles. Starting at home in Lancaster, I made it as far as Canterbury in the South East to Taunton in the South West. My TDI did all that on just over £100 worth of diesel.

In chronological order, I visited...

Chumsofmanutd
Colin 540
2work
Barryleng.bl
Malibu Stevie
Busy Jim
Birchall
Vorsprung durch Technik
Drewroberts
MaxAudi
JTMalmesbury
Terrywindy1
PaulA2
Alanb
Tobecomecarrion
Sam.s
Keithb
Fallan
Sciroccorrado
Marcnew
AndrewparkerUK
JoshuA2
Justjust73
Jeff Sutcliffe

Thank you all very much for your support and hospitality and for making my tour so thoroughly enjoyable. :)

Cheers,

Tom

Back