Centre cap query

Nigel245

A2OC Donor
Hi, I need to replace one grotty centre cap and had a look on ebay and found a slightly different ones from what I have. The sizes they give are almost the same but I'm sure someone on here has probably tried this also?. Question is will the one with holes in replace my smooth centre cap?

Thanks

newtt-caps_1.jpeg

s-l1600.png

What wheels are you wanting to use the trims on ? The one with holes is I believe from the 9 spoke "sport" wheels also TT similar wheels. The other pic looks like a 16" se wheel centre ?

I have bought those caps for my TT, so just went and tried to fit them to my spare set of 16" 6 spoke A2 wheels and whilst they do seem the same size, they don't fit at all won't push on, there is too much plastic on the TT cap if you can look at a picture of the underneath of one there are small fins or buttress like mouldings coming out from the centre hole and there is no room in the A2 wheel for them to go.

I have bought those caps for my TT, so just went and tried to fit them to my spare set of 16" 6 spoke A2 wheels and whilst they do seem the same size, they don't fit at all won't push on, there is too much plastic on the TT cap if you can look at a picture of the underneath of one there are small fins or buttress like mouldings coming out from the centre hole and there is no room in the A2 wheel for them to go.

Thanks for that and very helpful. I had a feeling this might be the case but good to read this to be sure. ;)
:D

Back