Taking a switched live from fuse box - help!

Pinkythelabrat

A2OC Donor
Hello all. I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction here.

I'm looking to add heated seats to my car by fitting heating panels on the base and back of each front seat then fitting leather effect seat covers over the top (I posted about Seatskinz before - they claim to look like OEM and fit perfectly but hopefully there will be room for the heating pad). I haven't really shopped around yet but these are the kind of thing - fleabay item 282256501167 (not sure how to add links!)

I'm actually looking for help on step one - is there a guide anywhere on taking a switched live from the A2 fuse box? With pics? I think everyone on here already knows how to do this!

I bought a Haynes manual for a 2002 A4 thinking it might be similar but it's not much help. I considered a piggyback fuse from the heater seat position but it would look ugly and stick out. Ideally I'd run a cable to the little cubby beneath my air con and put the controls and temp selection dials in a new facing along with a couple of USB power outs and the inputs for my CD changer emulator. I want it to look part of the car not too garish.

Anyone done a guide or even a decent description? I'm not awful with electrics but I do get 'the FEAR' and I do solder ugly!

Help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Assuming you have climate control, then there is a thick white wire going to the air con panel which is ignition live - I think this is what you want and it will be a convenient place to get the feed if you are going to have the controls in the 'cubby hole'

cheers,

Assuming you have climate control, then there is a thick white wire going to the air con panel which is ignition live - I think this is what you want and it will be a convenient place to get the feed if you are going to have the controls in the 'cubby hole'

cheers,

Thank you Buddy.
Do you happen to know what kind of load that wire can handle? I don't want to melt anything!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back