Biometric pressure sensor

NinjaA2

So in short I have tried get rid of this code on my missus little a2 after I put new coolent pipe and thermostat on her 1.6 fsi, I did blank of her egr pipe both ends as I couldn't get a decent 2nd hand one or even one for fair price,
Would the blanking of the egr cause this sensor to throw up the code?

Code is 16490 biometric pressure sensor , Implausible signal

Seeing as the sensor is reading the gases in the inlet manifold ?

If not have keep digging, car runs fine but with engine light on whole time

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

So in short I have tried get rid of this code on my missus little a2 after I put new coolent pipe and thermostat on her 1.6 fsi, I did blank of her egr pipe both ends as I couldn't get a decent 2nd hand one or even one for fair price,
Would the blanking of the egr cause this sensor to throw up the code?

Code is 16490 biometric pressure sensor , Implausible signal

Seeing as the sensor is reading the gases in the inlet manifold ?

If not have keep digging, car runs fine but with engine light on whole time

Am no expert on the fsi engine (BAD) but recall reading somewhere on here that blanking it completely would throw a MIL light on the dash. From memory drilling a 3 mm hole in the blanking plate was the solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wooo I gather that means drilling a 3mm hole in the plate on the egr end on the inlet? Has anyone else done this and seen results ?

Wooo I gather that means drilling a 3mm hole in the plate on the egr end on the inlet? Has anyone else done this and seen results ?

Yes that is the idea. It lets a small amount of exhaust gasses through

Yes that is the idea. It lets a small amount of exhaust gasses through

Only problem being I've done away with the egr connecting pipe altogether, it's a hard item to get even second hand

Ow cool cause it's hard to get at as it's right behind the back down buy inlet manifold, I assume it's reading the gases in the inlet itself, I have checked plug and wiring and all seem good, car drives great just has engine light on

Yeah, it's reading absolute pressure within the inlet manifold (or barometric pressure, often referred to as a MAP sensor) and and if memory serves me correctly it's down on the left hand side of the engine near the intake manifold flap valve solenoid.

It's not essential in homogeneous operation as the car will use the mass airflow meter etc. to calculate fuel/air, however it will prevent the engine going into the 'stratified mode' so you'll likely see that your using a bit more fuel.

Yh I have noticed it's running a bit rich I'm gonna have to remove it and check it out, already had all that out to do the coolent pipe at back, maybe I disturb the sensor in some way

fingers crossed it's just been left disconnected! It wouldn't be the first time, I've done it myself a couple!!

Nick

Back