Limp mode

Ok limp mode is becoming a joke now i am open to suggestions 1.4tdi 75 all comments welcome theres no air leaks actuator isn't stuck new n75 valve new valve to the left of it and the valve to the right has been ordered.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

My TDI90 used to regularly go into limp mode which could be temporarily resolved by turning off the ignition and then restarting. I eventually found that cleaning the MAF sensor cured it for about 2000 miles before the problem returned. Cleaned the MAF again and it lasted another 1000 miles.
Replaced the MAF and it has been OK since.

Ok limp mode is becoming a joke now i am open to suggestions 1.4tdi 75 all comments welcome theres no air leaks actuator isn't stuck new n75 valve new valve to the left of it and the valve to the right has been ordered.

just to add intercooler is new code is 17694 negative charge pressure

just to add intercooler is new code is 17694 negative charge pressure

According to the Ross-Tech web site

17964/P1556 - Charge Pressure Control: Negative Deviation

Possible Symptoms

• Reduced power output
  • Limp mode
Possible Causes

• Boost Pressure too Low
  • Hoses/Pipes incorrect connected, disconnected or leaking
  • Charger Pressure Control defective
    • VNT (variable nozzle turbo): nozzles stuck
  • Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) defective
Possible Solutions

• Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components
  • Check Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)
  • Check / Clean / Replace Charge Pressure Control
    • Check / Clean mechanism for variable nozzle

You can ignore the VNT comments of course, they are just for the TDI 90.

Steve B

We had this problem with our 2001 1.4TDI last year during the summer and got it fixed at Stealth in September. I can't remember the fix off-hand but will have a receipt for it at home somewhere. I know it cost me £96.00 to fix it as I checked my credit card.

I'll have a look for you when I get home and post again.

I've found the receipt for my repair. It was just the one part:

- N75 Boost Valve

It's been fine ever since. I hope you manage to find what's wrong with your car.

And the limp mode saga continues just changed the boost pressure valve which is the one that activates the actuator does anyone know how much pressure is needed to activate the actuator i recently attached a pump and it took 20 psi to open mine which seems a bit high as i think it should be around 10 psi

Limp mode update as a few garages I'd been to all pointed to the turbo i finally got round to fitting a new one took a good few days and not the easiest job then after went on the test drive and guess what it wasn't the turbo but it did throw up a different code the map sensor which was changed in January with the new intercooler,i decided to unplug it to see what happened apparently if unplugged reverts to a default setting and i noticed it now picks up a little bit but still no turbo boost so purchasing another map sensor tomorrow let's see what happens.

And finally after months of trial and error limp mode is cured,and the culprit was the 7 month old map sensor which was fitted when i put the new intercooler on see pic how the back has been blown off.
614b14dfe90bcb8de9a532579b28769e.jpg

Have you changed fuel filter recently?

I was having same symptoms, changed maf sensor no good, I then changed intercooler and injector harness which stopped limp mode but wasn't getting full boost. What cured it was a new fuel filter...

Reason I ask is it usually gets over looked. And it'll be the cheapest out of all the sensors you have renewed.
Ross

Yes changed that ages ago like i said sorted now, I'm officially the limp mode master any challenge undertaken.

And finally after months of trial and error limp mode is cured,and the culprit was the 7 month old map sensor which was fitted when i put the new intercooler on see pic how the back has been blown off.
614b14dfe90bcb8de9a532579b28769e.jpg

where this sensor is located?

Back