Air tempo sensor in intercooler

steveb

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
I have a replacement intercooler 90% fitted, come to fit the temp. sensor in the top and the hole is a different size, has anyone come across this ? do you have to fit an updated sensor or is it the wrong intercooler, fits in every other way, GSF supplied told it was OE

Thanks

Steve

I have a replacement intercooler 90% fitted, come to fit the temp. sensor in the top and the hole is a different size, has anyone come across this ? do you have to fit an updated sensor or is it the wrong intercooler, fits in every other way, GSF supplied told it was OE

Thanks

Steve

The MAP sensor changed from 18mm to 12mm from chassis no. 8Z2.......

More details in the parts catalogue ( item 2 ) - http://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a2/a2/2003-248/1/145-145055/

Cheers Spike

As spike said the map sensor hole got smaller so when buying a new intercooler it will take the smaller map sensor and also be careful when fitting it it's very tight i sprayed mine with wd40 which did nothing and i broke it the second one i applied a bit of grease and it went in.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

GSF say the 12mm sensor type is the only they do. New sensor obtained and all now working ☺

Back