Audi a2 immobilser won't allow the car to start after key case change

dexpal4

Past Member
Good Morning,

I had a bit of a disaster... I ordered a new key fob case off ebay, I got the case went through removing the board off the old key to transplant in to the new housing... it didn't go to plan, the case didn't exactly fit... this morning I unlocked my car using the remote button which is now separate to the key whilst I have another case on order. I can unlock or lock the car with the board touching the battery but immobilser light doesn't turn off on the dashboard so when I start the car it immediately cuts off. I have no spare key!!!! Any ideas/tricks around this?

Thanks,
Dex.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Good Morning,

I had a bit of a disaster... I ordered a new key fob case off ebay, I got the case went through removing the board off the old key to transplant in to the new housing... it didn't go to plan, the case didn't exactly fit... this morning I unlocked my car using the remote button which is now separate to the key whilst I have another case on order. I can unlock or lock the car with the board touching the battery but immobilser light doesn't turn off on the dashboard so when I start the car it immediately cuts off. I have no spare key!!!! Any ideas/tricks around this?

Thanks,
Dex.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

the immobiliser chip is in the half of the fob that has the key blade. If you use that half from your old key it should be ok.

Steve B

Back