Socket size for rear axle nut

sco

A2OC Donor
Need to replace a rear wheel bearing - does anybody know the size of the 12-point socket for undoing the hub nut? Found one post that says 30mm but wondered if anybody could confirm please.

Cheers,

Simon.

I've replaced rear wheel bearings myself but can't remember the nut size. Also searched for related service info but that's the only link I could find.

Cheers Spike

yes can confirm this as I did the same job on Wednesday evening! rule of thumb - rear hub = 30mm 12 point star. Front is 35mm 12 point star - yes 35! on the later model - a bit of a ******......but i have one if anyone gets stuck

Thanks for the confirmation

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Thanks all the info & the tip from vespa166 it worked a treat .. used my trolley Jack to precision align it ..got friend to steady it .. bingo came off perfect .. job done

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

At first I thought you were taking the p**s but point taken, you would expect the LH rear to be a LH thread.
No I was not taking the p**s, one side you could if you so wish use the old nut, I wouldn't . On the other side use the old nut and there is a risk your wheel could fall off. The first time I did this job I was quite shocked, no LH, RH threads and no split pins :eek:.

No I was not taking the p**s, one side you could if you so wish use the old nut, I wouldn't . On the other side use the old nut and there is a risk your wheel could fall off. The first time I did this job I was quite shocked, no LH, RH threads and no split pins :eek:.
I concur, even a blob of loctite is no substitute for a tabbed nut like on the front hub

Back