TDI limp mode

67boris

A2OC Donor
Hi everyone, limp mode problem persistent, I'm replacing those little hoses at the moment. This morning I scanned the engine and here is the report

image.jpeg

Any comment is much appreciated!

Boris

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 268
No, just cleaned it yesterday and looked on the eBay for replacement. Is there a way of testing it with multimeter or something?

I have the 17964 too but not the maf sensor code so I'd change the maf first that can cause the 17964 code then at least you've eliminated that option,the 17964 code could be a lot of things so it's a process of elimination

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I will replace it, was looking at other components of the intake system yesterday, so this is a good starting point. I think I'll clean the connectors as well while I wait for new sensor to arrive.

Much appreciated, thanks!

If you scroll down on the main feed you'll come across my battle with that code see what I've done and it's still not sorted

Hi, seen it, it's a bit disheartening but do not give up. I'll be doing it myself and will update this thread as I move on. Today I managed to replace all little hoses on top of the engine and around the three solenoids. I ordered the N 75 solenoid, N 18 was replaced a month ago, N239 is working fine, tested.
Next to do is replace remaining hoses on turbo side and G70...will keep you posted

If anyone else has something to add, please do so, we need all help we can get.

Regards,
Boris

So, two months later, I've replaced MAF sensor, no change, than MAP sensor, still the same and small diameter turbo hoses, still the same. 17964 appears every time it goes into limp mode.
@justjust73, you mentioned turbo actuator being seized, do you mean wastegate actuator? if wastegate was stuck closed it rev itself to destruction.
I'm getting a bit desperate now. I have HEX-NET but can someone point me in the right direction as what measuring blocks to select or any procedure to follow?

please, any help would be appreciated!

Boris

Mine is still limping too i have a new turbo i just finished putting it back together after i bought a new core when i get time to put it on i hope it cures it as there's nothing else it could be,i tested my wastegate actuator it works fine it should open at around 25psi also i originally applied vacuum and thought it was seized but then found out it was pneumatic so attached an electric tyre pump to blow rather than suck and it works fine.

Well that leaves only large diameter hoses and intercooler on mine to check, bear in mind, mine has been remapped in the past by the previous owner, but I don't think it's a very good map. It's a bit flat under 2000 rpm, I think I'll have to ask
Paul, depronman, for his map it seems better. Thanks for your input.

Boris

Back