key fob failures

technik

A2OC Donor
Hi All,
Having some troubles with remote key access!
Thought I’d change the battery as I was needing to be physically closer and closer to the car for it to be effective these days.
Then I thought, hey I’ll do the spare key too. My mistake!
Now neither work as remote central locking. Even with putting the old batteries back in, just in case the new ones were duff. I can only unlock/lock and start the car with either key blade.
I have tried the following different ways amongst many (below links) that I found via google search and keyword links to threads on A2OC, and read many a similar post, so apologies for starting a fresh thread.

…but has anyone got any idea what else to try next please? Any assistance or guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthrea...te-key-erase-the-settings-code-to-match-my-A2

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthrea...ote-Key-Problem&highlight=key+fob+not+working

(I am in York, the car is a 2005 special edition tdi)

Hi,

Sorry for asking this but are you sure that you put the battery in the right way round? There should be a + on the fob and a + on the battery.

As I say, sorry to ask that, but we have to eliminate the various causes.

If the battery is ok and if the key remote operation has worked in the car before, then the usual process should work fine.

I just do the following.

Put the key in the ignition (the one that is not working the remote) turn it on so the dash illuminates but don't start the car.

Let the messages disappear (just a few seconds) and while the key is still in the same position press the unlock button a few times.

That will always synch a key that has previously been synched, if the battery is installed and ok.

If that doesn't work then you need someone local with VCXDS and they can synch the keys using that as a last resort.

Steve B

Hi Steve,
Thank you for your reply and assistance.
I just tried again today, having done nothing further overnight and now it worked, both keys re-synced! Maybe I tried too many times with both keys yesterday and something got locked out with coding or the glitch on the matrix meant it just wasn't having any of it!
But a sigh of relief and we're back to lazy locking and leaving the old school use of a key back in the history books again!
regards
Rich.

Back