Key remote not working on new CCCU

Sutzu

Hey guys!

Bought a little A2 for my wife a couple of weeks ago with 2 known issues (an engine mount and remote locking not working). After a few days I discovered that not only the remote locking was not working, the electric windows and the read doors were working depending on their mood. After a lot of posts read on this forum (thanks to everyone for contributing, you're all great!) it seemed pretty clear that the CCCU was not working.

I had an 8Z0959433N CCCU but could only find a 8Z0959433AF locally. I decided to take a chance since I have a VCDS cable and found a lot of useful info here. So i noted the coding of the old one, replaced it with the new AF and success! The windows and doors work as expected! The issue is that the remote locking still doesnt work :( I have read all the tutorials I found, surely this beautiful resource as well http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?27117-Adding-additional-keys-including-the-new-shape-key but with no success. Even tough everything seems to happen as expected when pairing the key with VCDS, the doors will not react to the remote.

My remote has the series 8z0 837 231 D, so it should be compatible with 8Z0959433AF right?

I've made a video with the process which I am trying with. An important note is that I have only one key, so in the video the half with the key is in ignition turned to ON and the other half with the buttons was in my hand. Only when filming, I noticed that the first 2 values of Meas Blocks with group 007 change when I press buttons on the remote.

https://youtu.be/1HTHJB7j0zE

Any pointers on what could it be?? It's very frustrating. Is the key faulty ? Is the new CCCU faulty as well ?

Thanks a lot!

I tried pressing the buttons while key is in ignition. Or are you referring to another procedure? Also, I have only one key.

Key in the ignition lock will not help - that only serves to resynchronise a remote that is already paired with the car.

You need to pair CCCU and remote and with only one key this can only be done using VCDS. Below is the procedure I found on the German A2 wiki.

Methode 1: Anlernen von Funkschlüsseln mit Diagnosegerät
Hierfür gehen Sie in den Anpasskanal 21. Den gewünschten Speicherplatz (1, 2, 3, 4) für den anzulernenden Funkschlüssel auswählen: entweder mit Hilfe der Tasten "Auf"/"Ab" bzw. manuell die Nummer eingeben und mit der Entertaste oder Klick auf "Test" bestätigen. Im Anzeigefeld steht zunächst "Schlüssel Einstell." oder ähnliches. Drücken Sie nun die Öffnen-Taste des anzulernenden Schlüssels für ca. 2 Sekunden. Wurde der Schlüssel erkannt wechselt das Anzeigefeld nun von "Schlüssel Einstell." nach "Schlüssel erkannt" oder ähnlich. Mit einem Druck auf "Speichern" wird der erkannte Schlüssel auf dem ausgewählten Speicherplatz angelernt.
Um alle Speicherplätze zu löschen, wählen Sie Speicherplatz 5 und bestätigen die Auswahl nacheinander mit "Test" und "Speichern"

This translates to:
Go to adaption channel 21 - select key memory number 1, 2, 3 or 4 - press the "open" button on the remote during 2 seconds and the comment field should confirm the key is recognised - select "save".
To erase all key memories, select key number 5 and save.

Hope this helps!

Back