Cleaning and polishing a CS

mrbroons

Does anyone have any tips for cleaning the matt grey (black) wheel arches/mirrors/roof of a CS? I have seen them back to blacked a lot but that leaves them glossy.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any tips for cleaning the matt grey parts of a CS? I haven them back to blacked a lot but that leaves them glossy.
Hi mrbroons.. I query ur description..it's matt black not grey ..however u can use Armour All .. either satin or matt .. you've got quite a collection of colour storms .. especially the papaya orange ..I've never seen one .. I think I would be tempted to add to my collection..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

You are absolutely correct but in context of what people see it is easier to say grey as the bumper inserts and door guards actually look black and that's not the part I meant but you are spot on.

I had a dig in the shed and here is the official paint code for the Matt Black paint for the Colour Storm - L1P9

Thanks again for the tip re Armour All, will get on it :cool:

Audi A2 CS Paint Code - Matt Black.jpg

I tend to default to Autoglym bumper care. It is a green gel which applies and buffs easily. Coverage is great and it leaves a nice uniform finish which isn't glossy. Durability is my only gripe - a few months at best.

I tend to default to Autoglym bumper care. It is a green gel which applies and buffs easily. Coverage is great and it leaves a nice uniform finish which isn't glossy. Durability is my only gripe - a few months at best.

i have used this and its great on the standard black finish but its not good on storm black--i find quick detailer to be great as it takes the matt look away without it looking wet just slightly satin. I have used poor boys quick detailer and i also was amazed at how good "demon shine pink detailer" works.

I always thought that Audi called it satin black?!
Autoglym Aqua Wax works well but obviously doesn't last. I'm looking to get all CS parts resprayed as it has definitely faded to grey on mine and it scratches if you should even look at it in the wrong way!

The paint code is handy to know if I ever need it .. mrbroons tell me more about ur papaya A2 cs.. I can't imagine there are too many in the UK..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I can't recommend Autosmart Finish highly enough for black plastics - both interior and exterior. The only downside is you'll need to find an Autosmart franchise in your area and it can only be bought in 5 litre containers.

Over the past 20+ years I've tried most products for dressing plastics from readily available Autoglym bumper care through to more obscure Black Wow with most other brands tried inbetween (Dodo Juice, Zymol etc.) and I've never found anything as good as Autosmart Finish.

Jeff :)

I can't recommend Autosmart Finish highly enough for black plastics - both interior and exterior. The only downside is you'll need to find an Autosmart franchise in your area and it can only be bought in 5 litre containers.

Over the past 20+ years I've tried most products for dressing plastics from readily available Autoglym bumper care through to more obscure Black Wow with most other brands tried inbetween (Dodo Juice, Zymol etc.) and I've never found anything as good as Autosmart Finish.

Jeff :)

Hi Jeff

After reading the above, I've been looking at the Autosmart web site and there are a few choices of plastic dressing products available. Just wondered if you tried or read about any of the others before deciding on 'Finish'

https://autosmart.co.uk/products/product-categories

Cheers Spike

Back