Climate/Heating panel unit.

Trimley61

A2OC Donor
Has anyone got a hard touch unit with all the buttons in as new condition for sale? Don't really like the idea of using the stickers available.

Hi Jeff, it would be for a single din I would be looking for. Seen a few on ebay but they are quite tatty for what they are asking.
Thanks James

Hi Jeff, it would be for a single din I would be looking for. Seen a few on ebay but they are quite tatty for what they are asking.
Thanks James

You do have the slightly cheaper option of buying an early A4 unit (they are hard touch) and swapping the buttons to your soft touch panel.

It is WAY better than stickers. Yes the buttons are slightly darker than the soft touch panel, but for about £35 or so you could have unworn buttons on your A2.

Finding hard touch A2 climate panels is not easy and they can fetch a pretty penny.

It could also take many months before you find one (A2Steve may come across one every now and then so why not ask him to put you on the waiting list for one).

In the meantime have a look at the link to the "How to" that shows you how to swap the buttons for A4 ones without even taking the climate panel out or removing any part of the dash.

Repacing Air con buttons without dismantling the dash

From THIS

SAM_0134.JPG

To this, for less than £30 without removing the climate panel
SAM_0136.JPG

And the picture makes the difference look worse, on the car the buttons don't look quite so black.

Steve B

Attachments

• DIN.JPG
    DIN.JPG
    413.5 KB · Views: 261
When you say 'early A4' - what did you search for on eBay? A4 climatronic?
I've made mine look acceptable with some Humbrol flat Matt acrylic model paint and a very small brush. It's not perfect and isn't smooth but looks okay and stops light bleed. Not bad for about £3 and 30mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back