Window wiper cover thingy

Pinkythelabrat

A2OC Donor
Cammy recently noted that the cover on my wiper arm was unusual.

It came with the car and it very handily covered up my wiper 'repair' work.

I've since looked on Evadis and the cover is there but not specifically named as a part.

Perhaps a request to Crewe Audi for a group buy or something extra to keep an eye out from the breaker yards?

It does look lovely compared to rusty rivets.

e9405b66e02062cfd1071fa77b0693c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree all u can see on ours is 2 rusty rivets

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I used T-cut Bumper Dressing to temporarily re-black the wiper arm and rusty bits. It's like those pad and bottle things for polishing shoes but is a quick temporary fix.

I do have a new arm to repair and fit but until then... squidgy squidgy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Earlier type arm, I had an annoying rattle for months from that part :mad:
Fixed with bluetac until I made the upgrade to the newer style from Stoke audi, one of the best improvements to a great car I've done.

Highly recommend this upgrade.

9f3ebc06f902ee1b1238d54aa58d9964.jpg
c67e34cf0a9bd0fc087709af334f7b3a.jpg

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

If you are referring to th old style arm then I was told by local Audi dealer thatbitbonly comes as part of the arm which is now obsolete as replaced with the new arm which does not have a cover
If there is interest in a cover for the old or new arm I am up for designing one and 3D printing them
I have both arms on my two A2's
Cheers. Paul

I would be up for two covers. Both my wipers are the type in Vespa166's first pic, older type if I am with it.

While I am here, what is better about the newer wiper design?

Andy

Yh same with me if one is made and looks good, think time start a thread and get a list

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm looking via tapatalk and the first of Vespas pictures is the new style wiper
This new style never had a cover and personally I think it looks naked. It was on my todo list to design a cover but have not got to it yet
Is this what people want I.e. A cover for the new style wiper arm? If so I will make start when I'm back from hols next week

I don't think the new wiper arm is a great improvement on the old design personally as long as there is zero to small amount of play in the rivet pivots on the old design
The problem with old design is that once there is play in the pivots the wiper blade juders on the screen. I have refurbished a few with new rivet pins an reamed out bushes and they are spot on after this
Cheers

I had two of the old type and even once I 'fixed' them there was still a lot more judder and play then my second hand 'unfixed' new type.
I've got one of the covers in the shed if that would help you - it's got a worn corner but was otherwise in good shape.

I might be interested in a cover - the rusty rivet look I've seen on some isn't pretty. I packed mine with copper grease to keep things in fine fettle.

One thing though - it has a worn corner because it's closer to the window and the play on my old arm left it resting on the glass. A little grit and a wet day left a big scrape up the screen. Be good to check the clearance is kept high.

I'm looking via tapatalk and the first of Vespas pictures is the new style wiper
This new style never had a cover and personally I think it looks naked. It was on my todo list to design a cover but have not got to it yet��
Is this what people want I.e. A cover for the new style wiper arm? If so I will make start when I'm back from hols next week

I could be interested... You child beta test on the one I've left with Tom? :)

Not getting much right this week, ok I have the newer wiper, pretty obvious (plonker) as one is a 55 plate. (I can blame it on half falling down my full depth pit! Ouch)

Agree with you Paul about naked - I just assumed something cosmetic had dropped off. Does not look right.

Still up for two covers.

Andy

Repainting wiper arms is not difficult and can be done by a novuce painter because the surface area is so small. Wet sand it down, clean with panel wipe and give it a couple of coates of matt/gloss black. Hey presto new looking wiper.

Repainting wiper arms is not difficult and can be done by a novuce painter because the surface area is so small. Wet sand it down, clean with panel wipe and give it a couple of coates of matt/gloss black. Hey presto new looking wiper.

Lol. I painted mine and I'm very much a novice. Starting to see a little orange seeping from the rivets already tho.

Back