Feedback re "like" button please.

Dave M

Admin Team
United-Kingdom
Concern regarding the "like" button has been raised again recently and I would like to hear members comments. Opinions in recent times have been in favour of keeping it but options do change.

I will be totally honest here and say that I do tend to press it for members who I know personally which I don't think is a good thing... it can develop into a kind of clique which I don't believe is healthy for our club.

New members and those who post infrequently may also feel "left out" if their posts are not "liked".

All opinions are welcome.

Many thanks.

Dave:)

I'm all in favour of it. Whilst it may have the odd drawback, it enables members to interact in more ways than just typing. I've noticed that, for some new members, the 'like' button acts as 'a way in' rather than being something exclusive. I like giving 'likes' and I enjoy receiving them. I tend to 'like' contributions of new knowledge, irrespective of who's posted and whether or not I've met that member.

I'd be disapointed to see it go.
Just my 2p.

Tom

Last edited:
If it is taken away to post a thank you would mean a reply and that would clog up the thread.
Plus I am more likely to hit like than post a thank you so to me it would be a step back.

Yes there are some small issues but people have the option to switch it off in their settings I believe.

So to me it is a definite case of "if it isn't broken, don't fix it"

Steve B

I would say keep it, on some other forums they don't have it and I do miss it when you want to acknowledge a useful post, but don't particularly want to type a reply as you don't have anything to add.

I agree with all the previous responders; although I'm a very infrequent poster, I do 'like' other people's posts if I feel that they have made a valuable contribution to a thread......irrespective of whether they are a new member or one of the 'regulars'. I don't believe that the inclusion of the 'like' leads to cliquery (made up word) but does acknowledge good contributions.

Back