The Welsh social - A jolly around the Welsh mountains

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
Wales
Saturday 26th August 2017

Right then, this social is for a tour around the beautiful B4560 just outside the Brecon Beacons national park in South/Mid Wales.

This road is within easy reach of the M4 for those in the south and only an hour away from the midlands.

The road takes in some great scenery and is a fantastic driving road.

The meeting point will depend on the size of the group we get together but will meet around 11am and we will head on down to the road in question.

There will be plenty of opportunity for photo stops along the way and hopefully an icecream van :)

We will then follow a different route back and head on to a nice pub/hotel (again depending on numbers) for a mid-afternoon meal and chinwag.

I would like at least 5 cars present to make it worthwhile but there's no real upper limit as long as its maneagable by me and safe.

Please could I ask you to express your interest via this thread or if you'd prefer to pm me that's fine as well.

I'm not sure if there have been any Welsh socials in the past but lets make this a good one. So come on don't be shy, it will be family friendly and a nice opportunity to meet others who share your love for our little aluminium friend.

2cx9hsl.jpg

345of3p.jpg

The postcode for the start of the B4560 is NP22 3SB if you would prefer to search for your own accomodation. The event is in the Brecon Beacons national Park which is a tourist hotspot so there are lots of B&B's and Hotels in the area.

Local mainstream accomodation is at

Travelodge Merthyr Tydfil Hotel (14 minutes from start of event)
Address: Merthyr Tydfil Leisure Village, Merthyr Tydfil CF48 1UT
Phone: 0871 984 6371

Premier Inn Merthyr Tydfil (10 minutes from start of event)
Address: Duffryn Road, Pentrebach, Merthyr Tydfil CF48 4BB
Phone: 0871 527 8768

Last edited:
Those confirmed so far:

Me
Darren C,
Birchall,
2Work,
Scirrocorrado,
Murdo,
MrBroons,
Sarge
DJ190
Alanb
Alan_uk
Tobecomecarrion
Timmus
Terrywindy1
Putyourmittenson
Chronus7
chumsofmanutd
Teresa

Last edited:
Can confirm these roads to be brilliant! have been along them many times whilst doing the speed limit. If i can get my project 90 on the road by then this would make a great test-drive.

Looks awesome Steve; top marks for organising this.

I'll register my (our) interest for 19th and 26th. The 5th might not work for us due to our holiday and Di's pending operation.

Last edited:
Great idea and brilliant roads Steve.

Not too far from me in Leicestershire. I have a friend Ive been meaning to visit in Pontypool for a while now and this seems the perfect excuse to head West with the family in the A2.

A family commitment will keep me at home on the 5th but 19th and 26th are free for me.

I'll keep checking the thread and confirm attendance once the date is set.

Kind regards,

Tom

I/we will try to attend, but will see nearer to the time, Please can you let us all know the details of which Travel Lodge so we can all work it out as soon as you know the actual date.

If James (Mrbroons) brings all his cars down, then you'll have minimum required cars all by him alone! :) what a 'Storm' that will be!

Sarge

Last edited by a moderator:
We will definitely try to attend :). Will speak with Mrs and work regarding the possible dates mentioned.

Joe

Last edited:
Back