Hello :-)

I'm new to this! We have a y reg A2 and discovered what a little gem she is, Edna! Need to sort out an issue with the windscreen washer jet as it doesn't spray out enough fluid and it doesn't go high enough! Anyone know anything about these please. Edna passed her mother 2 weeks ago with no work so she is a grand old girl. Good to join other enthusiasts!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Hi welcome to the forum.

I'd first suggest cleaning out the end of the washer jet nozzles with a small pin. It could be that they are a little clogged up. At the same time you will be able to direct the position of the jet.

Hi,

The height adjustment is achieved by swiveling the jet up and down. The small bar which you can see above the hole where the water comes out can be used to move it up and down and direct the flow.
The water should hit the glass quite high up when the car is stationary (approx 40cm from the top) as the wind will deflect the spray down the glass when the car is being driven. This is the draw back of the earlier "fan" type spray. When traveling fast, the water hits the bottom of the windscreen which isn't that good.
The later point "jet" spray isn't affected by the wind so much so is a better system.
You should get lots of water out of the nozzles when you spray, if not, then something is blocked somewhere.

regards

Andrew

Hi,

The height adjustment is achieved by swiveling the jet up and down. The small bar which you can see above the hole where the water comes out can be used to move it up and down and direct the flow.
The water should hit the glass quite high up when the car is stationary (approx 40cm from the top) as the wind will deflect the spray down the glass when the car is being driven. This is the draw back of the earlier "fan" type spray. When traveling fast, the water hits the bottom of the windscreen which isn't that good.
The later point "jet" spray isn't affected by the wind so much so is a better system.
You should get lots of water out of the nozzles when you spray, if not, then something is blocked somewhere.

regards

Andrew
Thanks so much guys I will take a picture in a while of the offending jet to show you as I did try sticking the wire of my earring in it and seeing if it moved but neither happened! Watch this space for photo!

Thanks so much guys I will take a picture in a while of the offending jet to show you as I did try sticking the wire of my earring in it and seeing if it moved but neither happened! Watch this space for photo!

The later "jet" type sprayer has two separate metal nozzles in each sprayer that swivel in all directions. These are adjusted by inserting a strong metal pin into the hole and moving to the desired direction.
The earlier ones just move up and down which you can push by hand using the "bar".

regards

Andrew

The later "jet" type sprayer has two separate metal nozzles in each sprayer that swivel in all directions. These are adjusted by inserting a strong metal pin into the hole and moving to the desired direction.
The earlier ones just move up and down which you can push by hand using the "bar".

regards

Andrew
fac0d9c1d9ca1afa3db9ac12130f0653.jpg
25be2fea3c70ae41b11d30ea36280609.jpg

fac0d9c1d9ca1afa3db9ac12130f0653.jpg
25be2fea3c70ae41b11d30ea36280609.jpg

This is it! I've just been out and it is a bit better but I think I've unclipped the little doody off its base! It is definitely one spray with two jets like a fan but it now seems to have jettisoned all the cleaning fluid out???? I think I need to take the bonnet off to get proper access!!!! Grrrrrr!

Hi JabbiTeresa - no, don't worry, far from it... See my .sig for more details. I'm trying to find a name for the new addition (details soon) at the moment it's "the 54 plate".

Back