Indicator issue - clicking sound

Mbzpar

Morning All,

Noticed a clicking sound this morning that persisted for several seconds following using and turning off the indicators. The sound was similar to the sound of the indicators themselves but did not have the same pattern and was a bit random. The noice seemed to be coming from behind the CD player/centre airvents in the car. No idea if any of my indiactor lights remained working in tandem with the noises after I had turned them off.

Anyone had similar? Is this likely to be a relay problem? Hoping it has sorted itself out by the time I travel home.

Paul

I had the same issue on my number one, did nothing about it as it did not affect the operation of the indicators, now I don't remember if it somehow fixed itself, or I just got used to it. Number one is out of the action since March 2016 due to an accident, its being fixed, that's why I'm not sure what happened in the end. But it worked fine, so unless it really annoys you, leave it as is.

Regards,

Boris

It's easy enough to remove the relay box of tricks. Just make sure ash tray is open. Mine went a bit funny a good few years ago like you describe and then stopped working. I popped it out and cleaned the relay contacts gently with a sliver of fine sand paper. It's worked perfectly since.

Back