Elsawin help finding wiring diagrams

Pinkythelabrat

A2OC Donor
Hello clever people,

I need some help please.

Can anyone tell me how to find wiring diagrams on Elsawin?

I am looking to retrofit heated seats and have a Timmus-loom(TM) and am also looking to add a few switched lives for usb chargers etc. I assume that SOMEWHERE in Elsawin there are diagrams showing the fuse box, connections and the cable run locations - but i cannot find them AT ALL!

Not being able to easily find things on this program is quite common but this one has confounded me more than all previous attempts!

HELP!

Alex.

Ps. Tom - fancy another drive to Glasgow or a visitor to Lancaster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex,

The wiring details can be found under the 'Current Flow Diagrams' section, but it could be a problem with your installation files or perhaps the viewing package needs updating, e.g. Adobe etc.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you - I'll go have a look on Sunday.

I'm sure the install will be fine - I'm just a numpty at typing search terms!

I'll have these wires in by winter! (September in Glasgow )

Thanks again. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not being able to easily find things on this program is quite common but this one has confounded me more than all previous attempts!

By the way, the best way to search this forum is not using the inbuilt search, it ignores anything with three characters or less for a start.

To search on here just start your search in google (or similar search engines) with the following "A2OC ....................."

This works MUCH better than the site search engine.

Steve B

Wiring fitted - probably connected properly... probably. No warm bottom!

Silly me - forgot to put the fuse back in the holder... no warm bottom!

Silly me - forgot to actually plug the connector in on the bottom of the seat... aaaand... no warm bottom!

I may be cursed!

Ps bright side- at least playing with this meant I noticed the smoke from the short where I'd temporarily covered two wire ends pending final connection and a bit of loose wire had poked through. Lucky there!

My invisible wiring coin cubby power source hub is complete!

330eaa76e3c232a14f64e8d38356e5eb.jpg

The £3 eBay double USB double 12v socket hub is a near perfect fit.

I did discover that the tiny draw from it keeps all the leds on around the cigarette socket even when the lights are off and doors locked so I fitted an isolator switch in the middle 12v socket.

Done!

It's not pretty but at least it all fits - just.

441ae3940fd24926a3ee17fba3ad9d13.jpg

A 12v accessory socket and voltage regulator from an ignition switches supply for my new unmelted hidden dash cam.

My Connects 2 and wires for the aux in and usb in sockets on the lid piece.

A constant 12v for my voltage monitor and two USB sockets hidden next to the aux in on the panel under the ashtray.

Shame the voltage monitor says 8 volts but you can't have everything...

I'm lost for words. And not in a positive way. Fault-finding is going to be nigh-on impossible. Fabric tape isn't that expensive or hard to find to tape looms together; if the aux socket is wired 100% you may well also find you now have a hum on it, especially if you attach a charger to your mobile phone.

You've really put a cigarette lighter / accessory socket down there? I hope the 12V constant has a correctly-sized fuse at source...where's the -ve go?

- Bret

I'm lost for words. And not in a positive way. Fault-finding is going to be nigh-on impossible. Fabric tape isn't that expensive or hard to find to tape looms together; if the aux socket is wired 100% you may well also find you now have a hum on it, especially if you attach a charger to your mobile phone.

You've really put a cigarette lighter / accessory socket down there? I hope the 12V constant has a correctly-sized fuse at source...where's the -ve go?

- Bret

Lol!

Not to worry buddy - i've got fabric tape to fit it properly and wrap it neatly. I was just checking it could all fit.

Steve is sending me a foam block so it'll be rattle free once I customise it a touch. All the wires are separate, come from different areas and are individually fused with in-line blade fuses and all terminal ends are insulated and covered well with heat shrink.

I wanted all the wires to run through this part so I could fault find without removing the centre console and it looks worse than it should because the accessory socket wasn't part of the original plan, nor was the massive voltage regulator that goes in it. My plan is to fit a smaller voltage regulator module in the future (a buck regulator ).

I always had a hum on the aux socket when charging my iPod and playing music because it was using a combined line out charging cable to the 30pin. I just didn't charge and play simultaneously. I now have a portable battery pack in the circuit so it smooths the hum and I always have a spare pocket sized charger in the car ready to go.

Done!

A much neater looking compartment and everything hooked up and working.

5058a101c02c91f2d4c7544511dcb5eb.jpg

9cb5c800ec807d36df13d3ef5e6b6ab4.jpg

The voltmeter was off by 4v when I checked and it's draw kept the lights on in the cigarette lighter and ASR button so I swapped it for a simple 12v socket with USB adaptor. Luckily I'd just glued the retaining ring onto the back of the hole so it was a screw out screw in swap.

Now my iPod can sit and look pretty on the shelf without wires down the sides of the gearstick and everything and my dash cam comes on with the ignition. Yay!

Back