Hi

Evripidis

Hi I joined this forum mostly to sort out problems with my partner's A2. It is a 2001 1.6 FSI I believe.

I would like to know what resources are available for diagnostic hardware/software, parts catalogues and repair manuals please. What do you guys use and what is the de facto tool for the DIYer ?

Regards,
Evros

Hi Welcome to the forum.

I'll let the more technical minded comment on tools sets. Vag com is the plug in diagnostics that most on here use.

Vonnie

Hi Evros, welcome to the forum. We recommend VCDS as the best tool for diagnosis. The repair manual is known as Elsawin, but it is a big program and will run best on older Windows operating systems best well before Windows 8.

See if there's a member near you who has VCDS and can help with a scan for you.

Sarge

Hi to all,

Thank you for your replies. Where do get the VCDS hardware/software ? Is this another case of ebay far-east clone jobbies ?

I am unsure whether I should be mentioning this on the forum but where could an elsawin copy be acquired ?

I would also like to ask if the forum has a native breaker as I am in need for some parts ? Sarge are you still in business ? The car is in Cyprus so I doubt if anyone is local !!!

Many thanks for the welcome.

Evros

Search Ross Tech and you will be able to find a re-seller appropriate to your location.

Search ebay for Elsawin.

Yes I have several cars breaking as well as A2Steve and Fallan that I know of at moment.

Sarge

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again for the info. I will do a search. I have already contacted Steve after having a quick look around.

I was active and enjoyed my time on the astraownersclub forum which appears to have shut down now. These forums are indespensible.

Evros

Back