Re release the A2

Kmantle

I have recently been looking to buy a new car to replace my A2 looking at cars around 15 years older than my A2, even driving a few.
Yet I don't seem to be able to find anything that comes close to the A2: the build quality, the drive or fuel economy everything seems to be a million miles from the A2.
Now I may be wrong, maybe I just love my A2 and see past her imperfections which I can't do with the new cars but it seems to me that Audi could easily slightly update the A2.
Modernise the interior, slightly tune up the engine, brakes whatever else has aged and easily release an updated version that at the very least would hold its own with any modern car.

I totally agree but Audi seemed to have lost there way with the Q2, I was never a massive fan of it on its release but this pic I came across really seals it for me, maybe it's the colour I'm not sure, but imo it looks pig ugly, sorry.
Agree with you though something should be revised on the old A2 lines.
Cheers Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_5988.PNG
    IMG_5988.PNG
    724.6 KB · Views: 185
The Q2 actually looks a lot better in yellow Jeff... the one at ADI last year looked nice. It was launched last November but how many do you actually see on the road... I think i may have seen only one . :confused:

We can keep the A2 going until manufacturers wake up to the fact that UK and European roads aren't going to get any wider and #vehilceobesity is not helping congestion or pollution.

Currently re-engining A2 1.4 AUA with a 2015 Polo 6R/Ibiza6J 1390cc CGGB Euro 5 engine.

Some others have managed to convert to electric drive but it's still much more expesnive than buying a used EV.

Despite the demonsoiation of diesel in the press and soon local city councils, there are retrofit options to reduce NOx and PMs massively. In Germany they are looking at options to fit older cars with Urea injection kits. Some 1.2 TDIs already have Particulate traps and "green city stickers".

#HVO is a drop in non fossil alternative to diesel made from waste and used extensively in Finland and now in California's bus fleet.

#pluginretrofit is pre heating the engine electrically so it's warm at startup which also reduces local emissions significantly.

Why ever change an A2? As long as the shell doesn't get damaged everything else can be replaced. With its aluminium shell the A2 can be kept for as long as you want it to be.

I would love to see a tfsi 1.4 high output (circa 140bhp) in an A2. Perfect power I feel for the A2. The 1.8t conversion is good but heavy and without a trick diff power placement is erm interesting. That would be my wish list engine wise. But full electric would be an option as long as range was 120 miles plus. Now dreaming mike

AFAIK, all R&D activities regarding aluminum ASF (Audi Space Frame) have been stopped recently. Audi engineers and accountants don't believe in its feasibility anymore. Steel is the new aluminum!

Back