Re-coding airbag controller

Tessellate

Short version -

The air bag controller is not responding so I am unable to access the code to go in the 'new' unit. I Do have one previous scan...

20170513_121132.jpg

You can see under airbags coding number 00102, Is this the correct code to enter in to the replacement unit?

ta

Short version -

The air bag controller is not responding so I am unable to access the code to go in the 'new' unit. I Do have one previous scan...

View attachment 29032

You can see under airbags coding number 00102, Is this the correct code to enter in to the replacement unit?

ta

In all my time on A2s I have never had to "code" an airbag on an A2. Why do you need to code it?

Cheers
Steve B

In all my time on A2s I have never had to "code" an airbag on an A2. Why do you need to code it?

Cheers
Steve B

Hello Steve,

The airbag controller is no longer communicating to myself or the audi independent. Prior to this it was giving implausable crash signal fault codes. The independent advised checking it was getting a live and then unit replacement. £400 odd for the unit + vat + labour + MOT due.

I remember my cheap diagnostic tester , flashed a warning up when i tried to access airbag controller that it was not advisable to test as could fry the controller or something like that ....
on a brighter note Ive got a few airbag controllers from various models 1.4 petrol, 1.6 fsi and a tdi one in my spares , if you find your controllers part number , its located under the hand brake cover , center console i could send you one monday for a drink and postage if that helps

Regards Gary

Hello Steve,

The airbag controller is no longer communicating to myself or the audi independent. Prior to this it was giving implausable crash signal fault codes. The independent advised checking it was getting a live and then unit replacement. £400 odd for the unit + vat + labour + MOT due.

Thanks for explaining that, much appreciated.

Steve B

i can confirm that Code, same coding in my Fsi.

Adress 15: Krockkuddar Labels: AER\8Z0-959-655.lbl
Artikelnr: 8Z0 959 655 E
Komponent: Airbag Front+Seite 5005
Kodning: 00102
Verkstad #: WSC 02152
VCID: 4EAB2D768A606C6E591-FFFF

I remember my cheap diagnostic tester , flashed a warning up when i tried to access airbag controller that it was not advisable to test as could fry the controller or something like that ....
on a brighter note Ive got a few airbag controllers from various models 1.4 petrol, 1.6 fsi and a tdi one in my spares , if you find your controllers part number , its located under the hand brake cover , center console i could send you one monday for a drink and postage if that helps

Regards Gary

On ross tech they write about certain controllers not liking vagcom so I imagine iffy copies/ ebay diagnostics could cause havoc. I suspect what started the fault was hitting a pyrmid shaped rock in the middle of road one night. It kicked the car up with a hefty jolt.

I removed all the of the center gubbins today to gain access to the unit. The controller is a 8z0 959 655e. If you do have a match that would be fantastic.

20170513_133943.jpg

I had a look through and ive 2 the same IMG_2234.JPG Ile plug it in my car in the morning just to check which one has no faults stored as remember having the front seats out with the ignition on one of A2s and unsure if it would of stored a fault , Is £20 including p&p ok for you as unsure what it will cost to post 1st Class for Tuesday if your needing it asp... Pm me your details ect

Regards Gary

Back