Chat Aftermarket lowering springs for A2

stevec

Wales
Hi all. After much searching i have decided it is more cost effective to replace all springs on my A2 1.4 tdi sport rather than just the rears. So with that in mind i am deciding between APEX or WEITEC (apex -25mm and weitec -30mm from standard). I had apex fitted to my old a2 and coupled with koni fsd shocks the ride quality was very good. But i am not fitting konis to my new A2.
Do any of u guys have weitec springs on your a2's and if so would you recommend them?
Thanks. Steve

Hi all. After much searching i have decided it is more cost effective to replace all springs on my A2 1.4 tdi sport rather than just the rears. So with that in mind i am deciding between APEX or WEITEC (apex -25mm and weitec -30mm from standard). I had apex fitted to my old a2 and coupled with koni fsd shocks the ride quality was very good. But i am not fitting konis to my new A2.
Do any of u guys have weitec springs on your a2's and if so would you recommend them?
Thanks. Steve

Not much help to you, but I fitted Apex -25 springs all round on "the project" and they were spot on! Still firm without being harsh and just the right drop that I wanted.

Steve B

I'd go for Weitec (now called ST) given my time again. I find the H&R springs to be too firm

Did a lot of research and went for KAW from Germany - absolutely fantastic not harsh yet incredibly progressive especially with bilstein b6/8 and yokohama rubber. Lots of a2 owners on German forum also swear by them

I'd go for Weitec every time now after trying several others as nice sporty ride and suits the TDI and not over harsh

Hi all. I Don't want to take car down too low as i regularly have a car full. If the sport suspension is 10mm lower than se, does this mean the apex will lower my car 15mm and the weitec 20mm? Obviously i'll be purchasing a set of 4 as my rear audi springs are looking rough.

The springs are advertised without mentioning the model of A2 and so it will be s drop of 25mm from the standard A2 height.

Mine was a Sport model and I wouldn't have wanted to go any lower than it did on the -25s

Steve B

Back