Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What mpg are you getting regularly?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
    Ours doesn't seam to have that problem,overtakes no problem on the motorway.If you want something slow that really is glacial in it's progress you want to try a Herald 1300,lots and lots of anticipation needed.
    Well, that kind of reminds me of my first car, Mk1 Golf 1100N with a knackered engine... 0-60 was possible. Brakes were typical Mk1 too, so lots of anticipation for stopping as well
    A2s
    - 1.4tdi Black w/Red Legends Leather, 201k miles, BOSE, RNS-E (Baby Boomer)
    - 1.4tdi Mauritius Blue, OSS, Black Sports Leather (Project X)
    - 1.4 Petrol Cobalt Blue, Black SE Leather (Project Y)
    A6 Allroad - 3.0tdi - Leather, BOSE
    Scirocco Storm - Mk2 1.9 BRMotorSport, many upgrades

Gone, but not forgotten: A2 2x1.6FSI, 1x1.4 (Po!) A5 3.0tdi Coupe, 13xSciroccos, 3xCorrados inc mythical Campaign, 4xMk1 Golfs, 3xN & 1xGLi Cabrio

2. Users that liked this post:

Vorsprung durch Technik (19-05-2017)

Between 200 and 220 miles per 20 quid fill from the beep on the mapped TDI 1.4 75brake. This is constant stop start short journeys around town and local 40 mph country side roads. Stop/starting sometimes 30 times plus. The car now does this full time since the blue one got written off doing the same job. incidentally, the blue 1.4TDI unmapped doing exactly the same job was getting around 180....200 per 20 quid fill.

Today's best fuel up ... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Best MPG.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	232.3 KB 
ID:	29119
    A2s
    - 1.4tdi Black w/Red Legends Leather, 201k miles, BOSE, RNS-E (Baby Boomer)
    - 1.4tdi Mauritius Blue, OSS, Black Sports Leather (Project X)
    - 1.4 Petrol Cobalt Blue, Black SE Leather (Project Y)
    A6 Allroad - 3.0tdi - Leather, BOSE
    Scirocco Storm - Mk2 1.9 BRMotorSport, many upgrades

Gone, but not forgotten: A2 2x1.6FSI, 1x1.4 (Po!) A5 3.0tdi Coupe, 13xSciroccos, 3xCorrados inc mythical Campaign, 4xMk1 Golfs, 3xN & 1xGLi Cabrio

I get over 60 MPG doing 65 PMH for my 96 miles round trip to work every day

80 MPG when driving at 60 MPH in the 6th gear (MYP) using cruise control.

Quote Originally Posted by Bala_de_plata View Post
    I really need to get an MYP fitted :-) that's fantastic mpg.
    Steve
    0779zero965448

Lots of parts/spares for sale - please click the link

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...equest-A2Steve

Project TDI150 on its way :-)

I have had to drive two different TDIs at 60 on motorways in the last few weeks (due to suspected issues) for around 50 miles each.

BOTH averaged 80 MPG and both were just 5 speed.

The MYP conversion is great, a sixth gear drops the revs needed, but a standard, well maintained TDI should get in the region of 80 MPG on a level motorway at 60MPH (if you get to 60 first and zero the average MPG at that point to remove the reduction of accelerating to that speed)

The sixth gear (via whatever method) makes it easier and less stress on you and the engine, but in my experience it does not significantly affect MPG (it obviously affects it in a positive way, but not a huge amount).

So the 6 speed conversion is never for financial gain, it is because it makes the car nicer to drive on motorways and also for the "nice to have" feel. (It really did make my enjoyment of my "project" significantly higher)

Steve B

9. Users that liked this post:

Vonnie (28-05-2017)

With my TDI 75 I usually get low 70s during summer and mid/high 60s during winter. Best last year was 74.99mpg.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Bala_de_plata View Post
    Did you have any issues with 6th gear and cruise control ? as from what ive read it wont work in 6th gear and from info on the net from 1.9 TDI's doing the 5 to 6 speed conversion it varies from you need ecu reprograming or instrument cluster recoding for the extra gear ...
    Audi A2 TDI SE , Working sky , Bose , Dis , rear electric windows , Red leather .... Daily Driver

Audi A2 1.4 16valve

AUDI A2 SE 1.4TDI dirty diesel dog, Rebuild in progress , next stage custom stainless manifold and VNT Turbo

Project A2 Quattro Twin bike Engined Transplant, custom paintwork, bodykit front and rear bumper update with A6 sport Grill .

60 mph on the motorway? I'd lose the will to live.
    2004 1.6 FSI Sport Ebony Black pearl, Black Pearl Nappa leather, Symphony II, BOSE, Heated seats, Electric rear windows, Front foglights, Drivers Information System, Electronic climate control, Illuminated vanity mirrors, Open-Sky, Luggage compartment floor, Rear cup holder, 17" Avus wheels