Water hose help please

S2Dicky

Came home in a cloud of smoke as the top hose let go 200 yards from home.

Found the hole in the pipe

8188aaa4b0f0f27c10e10b5c060c3c53.jpg

Went to Audi and the parts guy wasn't sure and seems to think the part is £68 and three pieces?

Any ideas as it's only this piece that needs changing

On ETKA it is the pipe that goes from 46 to 11 along the dotted line any help would be great cheers

3e88ec28162323c77b5aacd25666041f.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evening,

Too dark to look now, will look late morning. I must admit I cannot get my head round the diagram without seeing the real layout. Are you sure it goes from 46 to 11? - why is the pipe not shown in the diagram when I assume all other pipes are shown? There are two 46's. I am suspicious of your jubilee clip!!! - some kind of bodge. Maybe the Audi parts man is right and your pipe is part of some larger component that has been separated and fixed with the jubilee clip. Daft idea but have you tried washing it to reveal a part number?

Can you describe the location of your pipe/post picture of location?

Just trying to help - Andy

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the reply

No part number on it to be seen clearly.

It is the top pipe going towards the block. There is a small pipe from the top of the rad that goes into a plastic t piece and then the pipe that goes from this to the block is the one with the hole

It's basically the hose from top of radiator to the thermostat housing

I have been waiting for it stop raining - do not want me, iPad and engine to get wet.
Have to give waiting up for now as I have to go out. Try again late afternoon if you want.

Sorry not yet to be of much help.

Andy

Don't worry mate cheers, just this second order the part form Audi.

It's part 11 which is 3 pieces ....

How many litres does the coolant system take on an FSI?

2 or 3 litres of G13?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well that was fun......

Got the new pipe £82 fitted it which was ok looked into the header tank and oh joy

0af40e19bef8dbe8c757a5b2998d5c08.jpg
58aaa6e669100e2db646705f566d9d7f.jpg
0dfc0505bb8672acf9c2e984b06c1593.jpg

Stuck my finger in to feel it and it all disintegrated inside, guess that the header tank done for so need s new one.

Is Audi or TPS the only place to get one?

Back