Mats Question

stew

Hi all,

We've just bought our first A2 and I'm wondering how the front mats fix down. There is a button under the carpet, but that doesn't appear to fit the mat or the stud that was attached to the mat, hopefully the pictures will make this clear. Am I missing something?
IMG_20170523_192519509.jpgIMG_20170523_192532087.jpg

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

We've just bought our first A2 and I'm wondering how the front mats fix down. There is a button under the carpet, but that doesn't appear to fit the mat or the stud that was attached to the mat, hopefully the pictures will make this clear. Am I missing something?
View attachment 29174View attachment 29175

Thanks in advance
The loose "nipple" (sorry that is the best name for it) in the first picture attaches to the one under the carpet (in the hole) but there should be another ring under the dark grey carpet that retains that loose nipple.

Have a look under the main carpet and see if it has come loose and is under there. But the rings are still available very cheaply at Audi dealers.

Steve B

Thanks, I did wonder if something had fallen off. I'll take another look and if I can't find anything I'll pop to my local TPS

Back