My first post

BurnsR

Hello to all in the Owners Club, I thought I should introduce Myself.
I've had My A2 since 2013, I had been interested in one for some years due I suppose to the claimed MPG of the TDi and I might add the alloy construction.
I have had a few repairs as I've used it over the last 4 years or so, but no more or less than any other car I've owned, all Volkswagen going right back to a 1967 Beetle, not one less than 8 years old when purchased, (most even older!), I still have a Golf 3 estate which is getting very near it's end, but suddenly I have to use it full time as the A2 has been written off, (no conformation yet), after I was hit very hard in the drivers side by an out of control Mercedes, propelling the car sideways across a roundabout hitting another Merc with My offside rear corner, across the kerb sideways ripping the nearside tyres off! coming to rest just short of the crash barrier as I was able, (after coming to my senses), to just get the passenger door open and stagger out, I can confirm that that optional extra that some people rave about "side guard" dose in fact work even after 16 years, the side of my head still hit the glass but in the blackness I could feel my head slowing as if in slow motion, I did not even notice that it or the seat air bag or even that the seatbelt had fired until later when I was looking in the car for my stuff
Sorry for the ramble, until I find out what I might get as a final pay out, I am temporarily A2 less, and I am just going out to replace the exhaust on My Golf so I can use it without being gassed!.

Your first post and what a post. I hope you are ok after such a massive crash. I had quite a heavy bump in an A2 and yours sounds much heavier.

Hopefully once you've had a payout you can get another A2 to replace it.

Welcome along - hope you're okay and recovering. I had a similar accident earlier this year in my A5, total loss, but everybody was okay.

Back