Reintroduction

This is the short version of the story. We got our A2 about 10 years ago, but then in early 2010 went to New Zealand (fantastic country although no A2s over there), leaving our A2 with our younger son. Eventually last year he decided that he didn't need a car at all (lives and works in London) so passed it to older son, whose car had just expired - but we're now back in the UK and have managed to extract our A2 back from older son. Quite a few issues to be sorted out but nothing too dramatic. So currently we're touring around England and Wales looking for a house to buy - in the meantime staying with friends in Wales. Sorry can't attach photo of car (and their house), apparently too large at 3.12Mb.

Now up to 215,000 miles.

Last edited:
New Zealand (fantastic country although no A2s over there)

Not entirely correct. Although only 2xA2's were officially imported & then sold by the NZ VAG distributor in 2001 (both 1.4 petrols, and which have both popped up for sale again a couple of times since), in addition to my 1.6 FSi Colour Storm which I brought with me from the UK in 2008, I know of two other private import ex UK FSi's. In addition, a UK import 1.4 (in Castle Red no less) has just sold on TradeMe - the NZ local version of Ebay. All these are in the North Island though, so you may not have seen them. A2's are certainly rare here, but they do exist :)

Thanks Mike - we were on South Island and only once took the car over to North Island - the Interislander ferry isn't cheap - so never saw any A2s

No, it's definitely cheaper to fly between the islands than to get the ferry. If the cross channel ferries were priced at the same rate, no-one in the UK would ever take their car abroad either :D

Back