Drivers Underseat sensor?

Nigel245

A2OC Donor
Hi,

Partners A2 has a warning light come on that has been on before when it was first purchased. I wasn't instrumental in fixing it so not sure what it was but I believe its possibly a sensor under the drivers seat or at least a faulty electrical connection which monitors someone sitting on the seat? Air bag related? Is it a case of just unplug/plug to ensure contacts are made? Yes, this may all seem a bit vague as I've never delved into the cars electrical make up before.

Any help please otherwise a trip into the garage that fixed it last time:confused:

Many thanks:D

Nigel

Hi nigel there is one connector under the seat and i have found on other brads of cars that this connector can get damaged/loose and cause issues. Before filling with it be aware it is also the wiring for the side airbag-so best to disconnect the battery at wait a few mins till the power has gone. If you have heated seats you will have a green connector (i hope I'm correct on colour). It could be that someone with large feet in the rear seat has managed to dislodge the connector or baggage.
Hope that helps mike

ps its a yellow connector and you just need to death it with the purple tag

Hi,

Partners A2 has a warning light come on that has been on before when it was first purchased. I wasn't instrumental in fixing it so not sure what it was but I believe its possibly a sensor under the drivers seat or at least a faulty electrical connection which monitors someone sitting on the seat? Air bag related? Is it a case of just unplug/plug to ensure contacts are made? Yes, this may all seem a bit vague as I've never delved into the cars electrical make up before.

Any help please otherwise a trip into the garage that fixed it last time:confused:

Many thanks:D

Nigel

There is no sensor on an A2 to determine if someone is sitting in the seat or not.

As A2Sumo says the yellow connector can sometimes get dislodged from the rear passenger's feet.

Even when you plug it back in the Air Bag warning light will stay on because it has to be switched off by a VCDS or similar cable.

Steve B

Hi Sumo,

Actually a rarity in this car but someone was sitting in the back just prior to it coming on so this seems most likely. No heated seats so I might just leave it to the friendly local garage who are very good on these cars. They at times look up on A2OC for tips etc.
Many thanks
Nigel

Hi nigel there is one connector under the seat and i have found on other brads of cars that this connector can get damaged/loose and cause issues. Before filling with it be aware it is also the wiring for the side airbag-so best to disconnect the battery at wait a few mins till the power has gone. If you have heated seats you will have a green connector (i hope I'm correct on colour). It could be that someone with large feet in the rear seat has managed to dislodge the connector or baggage.
Hope that helps mike

ps its a yellow connector and you just need to death it with the purple tag

Hi Steve,

Yes sounds like this was the rear passenger:rolleyes: Genuine garage which is 5 mins up the road can sort it out as they have all the VCDS and equipment.

Many thanks

Nigel

There is no sensor on an A2 to determine if someone is sitting in the seat or not.

As A2Sumo says the yellow connector can sometimes get dislodged from the rear passenger's feet.

Even when you plug it back in the Air Bag warning light will stay on because it has to be switched off by a VCDS or similar cable.

Steve B

Back