Creaking noise passenger side

Matt5790

I've started gettin a creaking noise from the passenger side front section of the car when turning at slow speeds ie parking or turning round I no the breaks need changing could this be connected any help or advice would be great cheers

likely the spring creaking, normally cause by the top swivel seized up, it sits on the top of the shock absorber/strut and attaches the strut to the car body - they are know to fail

cheers,

Mine goes creak boing boing boing. It's going in Monday to check the top mount bearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would that cause the suspension to be slightly lower on that side also is there a way I can diagnose this or un seize it?

I guess the top of the spring might have snapped of and you have an uneven bit of spring left - that would drop the car a little and would creak I should think. Probably someone more mechanical will have an answer but I suspect having a look would make it clear.

I guess the top of the spring might have snapped of and you have an uneven bit of spring left - that would drop the car a little and would creak I should think. Probably someone more mechanical will have an answer but I suspect having a look would make it clear.

though

Yes this is a likely theory , see if you can see the end of the spring, if so you may be able to see / feel if it is a break

The top mount is a replaceable item, to be honest they are not a particular good design, two pressed steel flanges and about 120 ball bearing trapped between them, they are none repairable, only about £20 new

cheers

Back