Insurance quote's

spud

Morning everyone, just like to know if members know of any cheap car insurance company's, as I found an A2 and have just had a quote for 1100 fully comp, I have just pick myself off the floor with shock lol, any advice would most great full cheers Spud

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

Unless you are under 25 the car is highly modified and you have a terrible driving history there is no reason for A2 insurance to be £1100.

Try Adrian Flux. You also get 10-25% discount for being a member of this club.

Hi A2 Steve, I have been involved in two accidents which where not my faut. The other party's where at fault, been driving 12 years with no points ever and safe can not work it out cheers Spud

Hi A2 Steve, I have been involved in two accidents which where not my faut. The other party's where at fault, been driving 12 years with no points ever and safe can not work it out cheers Spud

Try Admiral. Wifey's just got renewed for £311 on each.

Was this on the 1.6FSI? From memory it was quite a recent accident, unfortunately insurer's treat any accident as guilty until proven innocent, which is PITA when you are side-swiped or rear-ended. I had the exact same thing in Jan when I was rear-ended in my A5. I was getting quotes of £700+ to insure the A2. Hopefully the third-party's insurers will admit liability soon.

Try Admiral. Wifey's just got renewed for £311 on each.

Was this on the 1.6FSI? From memory it was quite a recent accident, unfortunately insurer's treat any accident as guilty until proven innocent, which is PITA when you are side-swiped or rear-ended. I had the exact same thing in Jan when I was rear-ended in my A5. I was getting quotes of £700+ to insure the A2. Hopefully the third-party's insurers will admit liability soon.
Hi sciroccorrado, I have just had my insurance tell me the cheque's in the post, I have had a great result, bought the car for 1500 and have got back 2375 so well happy. But yes both crashes where not my fault, but they say it goes against you, bloody wrong. The first one was sorted before last Christmas, and now this one must have been sorted as they have paid me out. The quote on the 16 FSI was cheaper this one was for a 1.4 petrol. They just make it up as they go along. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask

Hi sciroccorrado, I have just had my insurance tell me the cheque's in the post, I have had a great result, bought the car for 1500 and have got back 2375 so well happy. But yes both crashes where not my fault, but they say it goes against you, bloody wrong. The first one was sorted before last Christmas, and now this one must have been sorted as they have paid me out. The quote on the 16 FSI was cheaper this one was for a 1.4 petrol. They just make it up as they go along. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask

Result! So, are you still interested in GG?

Hi Sciroccorrado, thanks for the offer but I need a 14 TDI as it's the best for me. Yours Is a smashing example of well looked after A2 but its the every day running and the tax is cheap. But thanks again I hope you get a buyer very soon regards Spud

Unless you are under 25 the car is highly modified and you have a terrible driving history there is no reason for A2 insurance to be £1100.

Try Adrian Flux. You also get 10-25% discount for being a member of this club.
Bloody hell A2 Steve, I was quoted nearly 2000 quid a year off Adrian flux. Like the lady Say's it's because of my 2 none fault accidents that's bumped my insurance up. She even said it's wrong that It goes against me. Not bloody happy it's totally wrong. Thanks Steve

I always check on Go Compare and swap insurers most years via them, last year it was £200 cheaper on my TDI, cheapest quote just over £300 with Go Skippy ... Always add a second driver if you can as this brings the premium down ive found

I pay £300 a year on a fully modified A2 with 9 years ncb and a no fault bump in 2013 at 33. Somethings going wrong somewhere.

Iam 51 and up to now fully comp 1100 quid fed up with it, but I will have to hit the net later and see if I can get it down

Yes, I'll add my weight to "Admiral". FOUR cars (Two A2's, MG TF, Mercedes SLK) , under a Grand!

David

Presumably not a "real" MG TF but the much later version. This is an even earlier TC:

100_0108.jpg

RAB

Back