What is this pipe?

Cuada77

Hi,

Can any one tell me what is this pipe, please? (Audi A2 1.4 Tdi 90bhp - 2004)

InkedP1020259_LI.jpg

Many thanks for your help.

Cuada77

turbo pipe from intercooler
Hi Mark,
Thanks for your reply. I have to replace the faulty coolant temp sensor and this pipe is on the way... Do you think, I can remove the turbo pipe to have more room to do the job and them re fit the pipe?
Sorry about the question but I'm not an expert...
Cheers.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your reply. I have to replace the faulty coolant temp sensor and this pipe is on the way... Do you think, I can remove the turbo pipe to have more room to do the job and them re fit the pipe?
Sorry about the question but I'm not an expert...
Cheers.

Basically, what I want to know is if I remove it and re fit it, can I get problems/damage on the turbo or intercooler? Cheers

Hi,
Job done! I spent more time to fit the new clip than to do the whole thing!!!! :)
Now, after replace the sensor and fit the bloody clip, the sensor was a little bit wobbly and when I top up with more coolant, I spot a leak from the sensor, then I push it a bit more in and it stopped leaking.... topped up with more coolant. I drove the car for 20 minutes, no engine warning light (I had it before) and the temperature reached the 80ºc. Then checked again the coolant level and topped up a bit more, checked the sensor for leaking with a piece of paper and it looks dry. Is that ok? Do you think that this is due to the engine being hot and O ring expanded? would it leak if the engine gets cold I done something wrong?
Many Thanks for your help.
Cuada77

Back