Hello!

TFG

A2OC Donor
This looks like the place to say "Hello". I'm not an A2 owner at the moment, though I've been on the lookout for one (a diesel SE) for a while. I'm not in any rush to buy as I've currently got a Yeti on personal contract hire and that doesn't expire until early next year. I've also got a Fiat Multipla and a Renault Avantime. From that you'll gather I like 'unusual' cars. However, both of those are in pieces atm and so I don't need another 'project'.

It looks like there's lots to read here while I'm waiting for the right car to appear, so I'll busy myself in the library. Judging by some of the comments I've already read, I am not alone in looking for an up-spec TDi!

Cheers, Matt

Welcome, yes, you've come to the right place. Keep and eye on the 'spotted' thread as if we see a good car for sale, we tend to pop a link in there in case anyone is looking.

They are fabulous cars - and very addictive!

We have a great social scene with meets around the country. They normally have a 'Visitor' car or two (and indeed, we had a Yeti at the weekend), so if you fancy getting to know a few of us and finding out a bit more about A2's, have a look in the socials.

Good luck with your search

Hi Matt,
As Teresa said, welcome along, some good people on the forum and plenty of useful tips when looking for a A2 as well as ownership, you'll soon be bitten by the A2 bug I'm sure,
Good luck in your search,
Cheers Jeff

Welcome and may I say what a fantastic fleet of automobiles you have. Good searching for an A2 and please check out the socials section as Teresa says "guest" cars are welcome. Cheers Mike and vonnie

Thanks for all the words of welcome. I'm working this weekend :( but still finding time to sneak back here now and then :)

Where do I find the 'Spotted' thread that was mentioned? Haven't come across that yet.

I'm not a complete stranger to the A2. A very good friend of mine bought one new back in 2002. He was a member here for quite a while, but I don't know what his user name was. I still remember the car very clearly. I even made a CAD model of the body (long since lost, unfortunately) as I was so taken by it. Felt very well put together, with the vibe of a modern light aircraft about it. Mike (my mate, the owner) regrets ever selling it. Says it was the best car he's owned. But he's a real Audi nut......

Back