Idea for paint work - what's your view?

Allan S

My roof paint (I have open sky) is in need of repair

I was thinking instead of painting it blue (my car is the denim blue colour) I might paint it black so have blue bottom half and black top half (think Skoda Fabia Montecarlo)

But I was thinking that maybe I should go for white or a creamy white colour instead which I think would look good against the blue

If I'm going to the trouble of having it done I might as well have something a bit different (future resale value impact not an issue)

Any thoughts?

IMG_1103.JPG i am going to do my roof like this more than likely, my car will be yellow with a black roof possibly , still deciding , hope the pic helps you.

Irfan

beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say...

but i think the roof edges/pillars should be the same as the body color. the roof area where glass is or in sport versions is fine to be black or another color.

if you have to paint the roof edges the body is probably not too far off from needing paint too so I'd just have the whole body painted 1 color.

you can also get your A2 wrapped in vinyl if you want to try something crazy that can be changed later relatively easily...

also maybe think about Plasti-Dip paint which can be pealed off later...

Because mine is blue I'm not sure the black would stand out like it does with the red and would look great with yellow

My thought on white/cream is that it would look a little like the old American cars that you often see in two colours

I see they do it for the Renault Capture which comes in blue and white

That's the beauty of the A2, no two are exactly the same. I'd say go for it, and while you are at it colour code the lower plastics and front grille in the same colour as the car, lower it on coilovers, fit moon discs and white wall tyres. Would look something really special then.

Wow, lovely looking A2, leave it as it is. Stunning

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

Mine's fully colour-co-ordinated. Even the front grill is azure blue and the rear-spoiler. There is only one part that's not painted blue, and that's the B-pillar covers. I'm probably likely to paint those blue, too!

David

Wifey's A2 (Po) is similar, that's got black on the edges around the OpenSky (I think her's is Cobalt Blue). This was done by a wrap though rather than paint. Might find that's cheaper.

Back