A2 boot size - can I get an interior in there?

synth1983

Hi everyone, soon to be A2 owner here!

I pick up my A2 on Sunday. The other day I noticed some reasonably priced leather seats for sale on eBay not a million miles away from where the car is, so thought it would be a good opportunity to buy them and collect on the way home.

I'm aware the A2 is a bit like a tardis inside, however I fear I may have overestimated its size a little. So my question is this - will I be able to fit this A2 interior in the back (front and rear seats, 4 seater option) or am I way off?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone, soon to be A2 owner here!

I pick up my A2 on Sunday. The other day I noticed some reasonably priced leather seats for sale on eBay not a million miles away from where the car is, so thought it would be a good opportunity to buy them and collect on the way home.

I'm aware the A2 is a bit like a tardis inside, however I fear I may have overestimated its size a little. So my question is this - will I be able to fit this A2 interior in the back (front and rear seats, 4 seater option) or am I way off?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
I sold a 4 seat interior a few years ago and met the buyer half way between the two of us, I had them in my van and was shocked when he turned up in an A2 but with all his original seats still in!!
I was even more shocked when he fitted all the others in too!
He folded the two rears right forward and tucked up behind driver and passenger, and got two new front seats and a rear seat in the boot, the remaining new rear seat went on the old passenger front seat, job done!
So as long as you've no passenger it'll be fine, otherwise remove your old rear seats before you set off, easy lol
Cheers Jeff

As Jeffers says - I took out the rear seat and the new ones fitted in the back no problem. Like a glove.

They are heavy though and my back didn't like it much so be careful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fitted a complete four seater interior complete with the door cards into my four seater without removing any of the original seats. As I remember it, the two front seats faced each other behind the folded rears,one rear seat slotted between them and the other back seat was on the original front seat. The door cards slotted down the sides and/or laid on top of the seats. Obviously, if you have a passenger, he/she will have to get the bus home!
Good luck with your new car.
Jeff

With the rear seats removed I have fitted a whole A2 interior into the back of an A2. Now when I say whole interior I mean

4 seats
3 x carpets
4 x doorcards
All interior plastics
Glovebox
Fusebox panel
Centre tunnel
Rear parcel shelf
2 x side boot panels and
A false floor

YES it will definately fit!! :)

Back