Another A2 owner

6709gary

Hi Guys,
I have been reading some good advice and stories on the site and as i just bought a A2 few days ago i thought best to join and say "Hello!"

Im not sure what to say other than i got a 2001 1.4 TDI A2, Im guessing its the 75bhp and after reading some of your topics its a PDI engine?

Anyway, Its done 185k miles but runs and drives very well indeed, i got it off a guy who had it for 8 years and with full documented history!

And he tells me, the seller i mean, the A2 can/will be a future classic as only few were made for 5 years?

Oh, my name is Gary if you didnt twig by my user name lol;)

Hi Gary, welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase. You will indeed have a 75bhp model. Would love to see a picture if you have one? An official welcome party will be along soon but a hearty welcome from me for now

Hi Gary. Welcome. Hope you have many happy years of A2 ownership.

And he tells me, the seller i mean, the A2 can/will be a future classic as only few were made for 5 years?

Well, I think it would be true to say most of us on this forum think the A2 is a classic already for it's engineering and sleek lines ;) . As you were told, only a few were made, about 176,000 but only 19,000 or so were sold in the UK - both volumes small for a major manufacturer. The rival Mercedes A class sold over 1m. Makes our A2s a lot less common and a bit more special. See my stats here: http://www.alancooper.me.uk/A2/A2_stats.htm

Back