Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cabin temperature issues

Hi,

the temperature flap motor is probably the easiest one to replace. Only the glove box has to be removed for access. An endoscope camera is required to re-align the gears afterwards though as they can't be seen directly. A small mirror and light on a stick might work as well.
    http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...er-flap-motors

More info:
    http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...2-climate-unit

The only thing that could need replacing where the official Audi procedure requires the dash to be removed is the G263 Evaporator outlet temperature sender. This isn't easy to get to on RHD cars (although is very easy on LHD).
    However, it is possible to replace from below with minimal dismantling:
    http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread...oving-the-dash

A scan of faults on the climate control unit will report what's wrong. The motors can suffer with electrical contact issues with the wiring inside the plastic casing. This often is intermittent with vibration which means that the motor can work fine when the car is stationary but develop a fault when the car is being driven. The control unit will disable the motor when it detects a fault although this is reset when turned off. This often means that the motor moves the flap into the initial position when the ignition is turned on but is then disabled once the car is being driven. If the weather is cool, given the thermostatic heat control, this can mean that the flap is moved to the full heat position and then stays there.
    I haven't tried to break one apart and see if it can be fixed yet so the only solution at the moment is to buy a new one if faulty.

regards

Andrew

2. 2 users that liked this post:

cheechy (20-06-2017), Special edition (19-06-2017)

Great info. I'd probably want to get hold of one now as it's annoying. I've found in my case that the temperature send to stay stable unless you turn it down to much and then the cabin temperature starts to rise. It's like it can't cope.

Is there more than one type of v68 flap motor and if so what do I need for a 2004 1.4tdi 90?

Do I have more than one option I think is the question?
    Last edited by cheechy; 20-06-2017 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheechy View Post
    Great info. I'd probably want to get hold of one now as it's annoying. I've found in my case that the temperature send to stay stable unless you turn it down to much and then the cabin temperature starts to rise. It's like it can't cope.

Is there more than one type of v68 flap motor and if so what do I need for a 2004 1.4tdi 90?

Do I have more than one option I think is the question?
    Hi,

yes, there are two types and they aren't interchangeable as the mounting and electrical plug are different.

If your car is a 2004 then you probably have the later type. The changeover was on VIN 8Z-4-018 625.
    The later type part number for the temperature motor is 6Q0 907 511 C. That part however isn't available any more new from Audi.
    When I replaced the temperature motor in the thread quoted earlier, there was an alternative more generic part 6R0 907 511 available instead.
    This generic part lacks the alignment aid "key" in the gear teeth.
    I sourced the original like for like part as old unused stock from eBay.
    Its also worth mentioning that the "6Q0" part is a VW Polo part originally.

regards

Andrew

5. 2 users that liked this post:

cheechy (20-06-2017), Special edition (20-06-2017)