Sad to say...

stuartm

A2OC Donor
A2_JN17.jpg
I've just sold my lovely TDI 90 HP after 2 very enjoyable years and more than 20 000 miles. I bought it sight unseen (really...) while living in Canada, the week before moving to England. So all I had to do when we landed at Heathrow was rent a car one-way, drive to Bradford, and pick up the A2.

Not too many hidden problems, all of which I fixed, but after less than a year I was transferred to Ireland. I also had a '95 Lotus Elan which was a kind of garage queen (especially with the weather on the west coast of Ireland) and it's frankly insane to keep 2 cars to do the job of one in this country. The road tax between the pair is €1000, insurance is more than triple what it was in UK, so I consolidated to a Subaru BRZ which is fun but a (reasonably) practical daily driver, by taking the Elan back to England and trading for the BRZ, and selling the A2 locally.

Someone has a real bargain as it really was "maintained regardless of cost" and I'd added some nice upgrades (leather/Alcantara seats, Spidan/Reflex/Mahle front suspension...) but like me, the new owner is a long-time admirer of these cars and had always fancied owning one, so he's landed a nice example.

I am certain that I'll be looking for another A2 once I retire and return to England, so I'll stay in the club if I may and admire from a distance.

Attachments

• A2_JN17.jpg
    A2_JN17.jpg
    483.6 KB · Views: 274
Back