Timmus Retrofit

miller68

A2OC Donor
A huge thank you to Tom for the work he did yesterday in a very hot Lancaster, the plan was originally : frankenbose , cruise , mfsw. Well after 9 hours of his hard work we now have a remap and working alarm as well . I would urge anyone who wants to upgrade their A2 to make Tom their first port of call to say he is professional would be an understatement , a perfectionist is how I would describe his work you would have never known the interior had been removed and refitted. We will be paying him another visit in the future to upgrade our other car. Once again Tom thank you for your work . Regards Jonathan & Orlando

Ok I give up - tried searching and googling for frankenbose but cant find a thing on it.

Anyone give a simpleton a description? Thanks :)

Ok I give up - tried searching and googling for frankenbose but cant find a thing on it.

Anyone give a simpleton a description? Thanks :)

Nobody that frequents the friendly A2OC can possibly be a simpleton . Its a smart move being part of the community.

Frankenbose affectionately describes a Bose retrofit where you install the amplifier and subwoofer but leave the standard speakers in place. I had such a set up for years until Timmus supplied and fitted some Bose speakers for me - so now I've got the 'full fat ' version of the upgrade. And for the imperfect sound stage that a wee alumium car may be - it does sound very very good. :D

frankenbose....still cracks me up :D

how is the frankenbose setup jonathan? didnt get a chance to meet you but hopefully our paths will cross someday at a social. glad your happy with everything :)

cammy

it also makes me chuckle every time I here frankenbose

Similar to a s 'bits and pieces' car or a 'Heinz 57' or a 'mongrel car' , but frankenbose takes the biscuit

cheers,

Back