Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dsg

Lightbulb dsg

Hi, how difficult will be to transform 1.6 fsi to 1.4 tfsi dsg it is possible ?

NO an easy job.The gear box does not have the same mount points.The cluctch is a not a bolt on either.So some mods need to be done there also.

My plan is to buy in the future A2 without engine or gearbox.then buy 1.4 tsfi engine with automatic gearbox dsg and all wires ecu and who now what else and transplat to a2 .A2 with automatic gearbox is perfect car for me.

4. Users that liked this post:

67boris (19-06-2017)

this is by no means a simple job. It's complex enough getting a 1.8T to work correctly and a TFSI is another generation newer...

- Bret
    Do not expect spoonfeeding, you will be disappointed.

2002 Petrol. Modded inside. 'nuff said.
    German A2 Forum Administrator.

The A2 1.2 TDi is a single clutch semi auto.

The 1.2 tdi is fully automatic or semi-automatic, depending on the position of the lever.

RAB
    2013 E-Up! Dark Blue (Wifey's new car!)
    2001 A2 1.2Tdi Silver, bought in 2007
    2001 Lupo 3L Red, bought new, the first registered in the UK
    1999 Lupo 3L Silver (Wifey's car)
    1946 MG TC owned since 1971 (my first car!)

Is it like the smart system. A full clutch and gears with an electronically controlled solenoid 'foot' pushing the clutch for you? Fully auto or tip-change without worrying about a left foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Essentially yes, but the actuation is hydraulic.

RAB
    2013 E-Up! Dark Blue (Wifey's new car!)
    2001 A2 1.2Tdi Silver, bought in 2007
    2001 Lupo 3L Red, bought new, the first registered in the UK
    1999 Lupo 3L Silver (Wifey's car)
    1946 MG TC owned since 1971 (my first car!)

Hmmm. It may have been hydraulic... it was a great system though. Combined with flappy paddles on the wheel and a 'kick down' switch under the accelerator. Wheeeeee!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

interesting, I always thought the gearbox was the worst part of out smart four two. I always found it took a long time to change gear, particularly noticeable when fulling away in traffic, it would keep up with the traffic flow easily until it changed from first to second, but it took longer to change gear that I could have manually changed gear and all this time there is no drive to the wheels, and traffic would get nearer to the back of the smart than was comfortable. Once it was pulling in second it would holds its own and even accelerate faster than the rest of the traffic, then you would get the same thing when changing from second to third, but not as noticeable.
    I had the clutch bit point re learned at the merc dealers, this made the change of gear smoother but did nothing for the slow change, dealer said it was 'normal' so I just lived with it

Cheers,
    Paul (Depronman)
    1.4 TDI 2001 287,347 miles and still going strong