2002 (52) Audi A2 1.4 TDI Dash Storage Removal

rgh-key

Hello All,

I am looking at removing the little storage shelf under the heater controls of my A2 so that I can route my iPod Cable into there to keep everything nice and tidy, however, I don't seem to be able to get the storage compartment out of the dash, any ideas?

The first and most important part is to open the ashtray first or else you will damage it.

Second, cusp your hands into fists and wedge them tight into the cubby. Have courage and pull and it will release and draw forward. If it is the first time that it has been removed it will likely be very stiff and require a degree of force (and bravery). Good luck.

its just a push clip fit at the rear of the cubby , open ashtray as there is a lip there , and my method was to remove stereo, then fitting my arm down behind cubby and push hard as its a tight very tight lol

its just a push clip fit at the rear of the cubby , open ashtray as there is a lip there , and my method was to remove stereo, then fitting my arm down behind cubby and push hard as its a tight very tight lol

Evening,

Sorry to disagree Mark, but for anybody reading this thread in the future,
I am sat next to one and the two clips are at the front.

Pictures in post 7 in -

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?32781-Various-Parts-For-Am-I-Mad&highlight=Cubby

Andy

Last edited:
Back