Chat Hi all

Bspoke

As A2oc has acted as my bible while researching my first A2 purchase I figured it's about time I actually sign up and say hello.

Picked up my A2 just over a week ago now. Compared to many cars on here mine is absolute poverty spec with clost seats, keep-fit rear windows, manual air, no DIS, no OSS etc....

But I still love it, badly tarnished pepper pots and all.

Any second now I'll remember how to post images on vBulletin (it's been a while) but for the time being pictute a silver 2002 car with Irish plates :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, welcome to A2OC,

Please don't worry about the spec of your car - we have a huge range on here and one of the things I've enjoyed most is seeing what people have done to theirs and get ideas for the future for my pretty low spec A2.

We have a good social scene - the ones planned at the moment would involve a ferry over the water for you, but quite a few of us like to explore, so I'm sure there would be more than a bit of interest in an A2OC trip to Ireland at some point - having driven all around the coast of Ireland myself, the scenery is stunning.

I think you will get a welcome e-mail will some more information about the club (I'm an Admin on the Forum, but just started so am learning the ropes!), but in the meantime, if you have any queries please just give us a shout,

Teresa

ps - quite a few of us struggle a little with the dark art of posting images on here :)

Thanks for the welcome Teresa.

Let's see if this works for images...
39e6275ced15ab00e59fa3f0663694fa.jpg
568551d0c6ac05c6d64ad656ba4f56f3.jpg
d62b85c9c4f30c3f2732025fb00819a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Wahoo, still got it. Back in the day I used to moderate a forum and at the time I would have known all the BBcode off the top of my head.

On the derth of spec, I'm honestly not that fussed. The A2 is a cheap replacement for the red PuntoVan in the pic above that decoded to blow a headgasket on the way home from work one night.

I drew up a shortlist of cars available at the time and as long as the drove honestly and were within (meagre) budget I wad happy. Just delighted I went for the A2 in the end.

Unlikely that I'll be adding factory options to her. Partly cause the number of A2s currently breaking in Ireland I can count on one finger and also because I don't have a Timmus to help :)

I've always gone down the 'what other bits from the extended family can I make work' end of OEM+. I previously had a Mk4 Golf with TT pedals and steering wheel, Bora vents, Phaeton lights and a few other bits and even the Punto had Alfa 147 seats and visors along with a Sporting interior so I need to find out what other VAG parts I can make fit.

Lots of forum browsing to come!

Unlikely that I'll be adding factory options to her. Partly cause the number of A2s currently breaking in Ireland I can count on one finger and also because I don't have a Timmus to help :)

Welcome to the club! :)

All my Irish relatives live near Derry, so some way from Carbury, but you can always stick me on a budget flight to Dublin. :p

Cheers,

Tom

As others have said, welcome to the forum.

There is no such thing as poverty spec, being an A2 owner means that you own a classic and cult automobile which is quality across the board. Besides, not having a fully gadget laden vehicle means that you have options aplenty to modify it to your taste bit by bit. The joy of seeing each addition applied and your efforts rewarded.

Enjoy the car and the forum.

Thanks Darren.

Oh there is poverty spec alright. Due to taxation this side of the pond car spec is generally much lower than that in the UK. There are some anomalies -our entry level Insignia has more kit as standard and we avoided the basic Dacia Sandero that didn't even have a radio - but in general our entry level cars are fairly spartan.

But it's all relative - an entry level A2 is still a better car than a laden Fiat Panda (one of the other cars on my buying shortlist)

Back