RNSE mk2 issue

Mr Angry

A2OC Donor
hi guys,

ive not been on lately as my dads in hospital and im still in the process of trying to sort out a job :/

anyways, i have an annoying problem with the rnse.... how do i turn off the option for the dis sat nav. even though im not using the sat nav option i still get the directions on the dis. i have checked the menu and cant find the option to turn it off, maybe i have overlooked it but its starting to pee me off :/

cheers

cammy

Hiya Cammy,

I'm guessing route guidance of some sorts is still active on RNS-E. End route guidance and it ought to stop firing directions to the DIS display.

When route guidance is active, directions are displayed on the DIS display. If you wish to keep route guidance active on RNS-E but would rather have the DIS screen show your usual menu of options (average and instantaneous mpg, fuel range, etc), then press the Reset button on the wiper stalk. :)

If you wish to permanently stop directions from being displayed on the DIS screen, this feature can be switched off using VCDS.

Cheers,

Tom

Speedy recovery to Mr Angry Senior Cammy and good luck on the job front!

Ah yes, so engrossed was I in the technical that I missed the human element. All the best to your dad, Cammy. How's the job hunt going? Last time we spoke, you were looking into possibilities at a local school? Did you decide against that idea?

thanks guys,

as for janitors job i was unsuccessful :( i was told that from 75 people which was filtered down to a handful after the 2nd round of interviews that i should take this as a positive. sorry to sound negative but the only positive i would get from any interview is if i've been told you've got the job.

anyways, i will be starting my dual fuel smart meter course sometime in august if i can postpone it as i need a holiday :)

back on topic....

the route guidance is not active on my sat nav and i dont see any option to disable it if it is enabled. the only way i can stop it appearing on the dis is to press the reset button on the stalk, which i didn't have to do in the past as its only recently happened. am i missing something else???

cheers

cammy

Forgive me if I don't understand this properly, but you're saying that RNS-E unit is NOT in the "nav" mode, but in say "Radio or CD" mode etc, but the DIS just starts to display directions anyway? If so, this is very bizarre. Or, are you in the "MAP" display bit on the RNS, but are listening to the RADIO. If so, what happens if you press the RADIO button?

hi guys,

i guess i dont know the difference between a compass setting and sat nav on dis.....doh!

just found out what the issue was with my sat nav showing on dis.....it was the bloody compass setting i had ticked :/ not sure how that happened but it no longer shows :)

cheers

Last edited:
im hating this thing more and more each day!

im sure ive asked this before and cant find the answer. so.....

is there anyway to control the volume output when you first start the car? its way too loud and very annoying that you have to turn it down or press mute every time i start the car. ive checked through settings but cant seem to find anything about set volume.

what version of disc do i need for the 7 digit postcode?

thanks!

im hating this thing more and more each day!

im sure ive asked this before and cant find the answer. so.....

is there anyway to control the volume output when you first start the car? its way too loud and very annoying that you have to turn it down or press mute every time i start the car. ive checked through settings but cant seem to find anything about set volume.

what version of disc do i need for the 7 digit postcode?

thanks!

Hi Cammy,

Apparently this is only an issue if you have BOSE and RNSE.

There are some that are saying that there are wires that you can cut to stop this, but nobody like cutting wires !!

I am not sure if Tom can comment on this?

One of the posts stated the following.

"This is something to do with BOSE. If you have BOSE it uses something called AudioPilot that changes the volume and tone according to interior noise levels, not vehicle speed.

AudioPilot can only be disabled by cutting wires at the Bose amplifier in the rear of the car, and the RNS-E then has to be recoded to enable speed dependent volume (GALA/DSP).

If you don't have Bose the speed dependent volume is called GALA, but shown on the RNS-E as DSP. GALA/DSP is disabled by setting it to zero from the menu."

Steve B

Back