FK front struts

V4victory

A2OC Donor
Can anyone verify if the following parts on the FK website will fit the A2?

Sport shock absorber High Tec VW Polo 5 9N Yr. 11.2001 - (front) part FKZZVW22

They are cheap enough to take a risk on damping. My hope is that they would do until I decide the best route to go on all four corners.

Scott

(New drop links ARV bushes cvs and clutch fitted this morning.)

I am almost certain these are the same ones that I bought from FK about 10 months ago, I paid 6.5euro each for them, the delivery was more than the cost of the struts and I bought 4 struts.
Assuming they are the same they are a perfect fir on the A2 Mine being a TDI 2001 MY

I'm going to order a set a Paul as they must be better than what is fitted now.
I'll stick to standard front springs.
Report back when they arrive and I get them fitted.

(New clutch today let's me play with the new engine map - it's absolutely fine. Not buzzy Nice and relaxed eco-motoring)

After a delay the Struts are fitted. What a difference!
I've covered another 800miles on these new ones and I'm very pleased with performance.
Unbelievably good value.
LHS is a 15min job and as the wishbones etc can be left in place the rhs is fine right up till the upper fittings.
I've still to work out the elegant way to do that. It's a 'crushing bore' and I feel audi could have done better.

I remove maf sensor tdi , unbolt but not disconnect brake fluid reservoir and carrier bracket from inner wing (10mm bolts 3 down inner strut turret and 1 on the webasto mount)you can then move these out of the way just enough to get to the three top mount bolts with 3/8 drive socket and a good close tooth ratchet as space is limited, then everything is a reversal to refit , now ive played with mine a few times and all mounting bolts are now easy to move (wd 40 will be required on reservoir mounting bolts on wheel arch side as these are exposed to the elements and was a total pain first time round to free them off)

hope this helps
mark

That's pretty well what I ended up doing Mark. Save from the bolt through the inner wing which had previously been butchered and has been cut off. I've slotted the reservoir carrier. Saves removal of bolt. Just slacken.
I fitted new bolts as a matter of course.
Rear getting some attention next but work and leave first.

Gents having just done this job for the second time (on a different TDI) for a work colleague I can confirm that there is no 'magic bullet' to removing the bolts on the drivers side top mount. What I have bought and it does make the job a LOT easier is an air ratchet, it makes removal of the three top mounts supper easy.
My FK front struts are still feeling good 12 months in and 12000 miles later.

Cheers,

Paul

I'm considering refreshing the suspension on my A2 and particularly now it is running with rude power.

How would you describe the ride with these compared to standard? Mine is Sport model so I guess firmer ride than the SE.

And are the rears a different spec strut I assume?

Cheers

Gents having just done this job for the second time (on a different TDI) for a work colleague I can confirm that there is no 'magic bullet' to removing the bolts on the drivers side top mount. What I have bought and it does make the job a LOT easier is an air ratchet, it makes removal of the three top mounts supper easy.
My FK front struts are still feeling good 12 months in and 12000 miles later.

Cheers,

Price of these has shot up to €12.54! ;) Looks likely to be another job on my list as both our 03 FSI and 05 TDI are on their original shocks so it's easy to assume that they past their best.

Back